☼Chapter 14

Começar do início

"Good, you're awake," he said, but he wasn't really looking at me. His eyes were fixated on the floor instead.

I did not bother answering him as he took a step closer to the bedside table. He placed the plate and the glass he was carrying on top of it, but what confused me was the way he was staring at the picture, like there was something wrong with it.

He took the picture frame in his hand and for a moment I was watching him with his eyebrows scrunched but then the perplexed look on his face was immediately replaced by his playful boyish smirk.

"I see you've been stroking my face in this picture when I was away," he said with a snicker.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him with a touch of fake innocence despite my cheeks threatening to betray me.

"I can clearly see a fingerprint on my face, so don't lie," he said. I can't believe he winked at me. The boy is seriously so full of himself.

"You are so annoying," I muttered under my breath.

"So why is there a fingerprint here?" he replied as he basically shoved the picture right in front of my face.

There was no way out of his accusation from here on. I can't believe he was able to spot that minute imperfection.

I was about to say something else when Aiden Walker suddenly tackled me and pushed me under the blankets.

"Hey what gives?" I practically screamed but my voice was muffled by the thick cloth that covered my whole body.

The next thing I felt was something heavy crashing over my body. I would bet anything that Aiden Walker was currently on top of me.

"If you want the both of us to survive," Aiden said with a deep yet dead serious voice, "I suggest that you keep quiet."

I nodded my head furiously even though I knew that Aiden wouldn't be able to see me.

"What are you doing?" I heard a female voice spoke.

"Lying in my bed?" Aiden answered with a pinch of sarcasm in his voice.

"Mogwai is gone," the female voice replied. Her voice sounded extremely annoyed, and if I were to make a first impression based soley on this lady's voice, I would definitely say she's a London type.

I heard Aiden sigh from above me, concluding my impression.

"Kat, that monster is a freakin' cat. It can perfectly find his way back home," Aiden answered and this time I could tell that he was trying to control the irritation and annoyance in his voice.

"That monster is my baby," the voice which I knew now belonged to Kat replied.

"Fine I'll go look for that thing," Aiden said in defeat ,"but first let me have breakfast."

Kat did not say anything in reply, but instead, I heard a slam of the door. Aiden then pulled me out from underneath him.

Thank God. I thought I would die from suffocation in there.

"Sorry 'bout that," Aiden said, rubbing the back of his neck, "my step-sister can be annoying at times."

I just nodded my head because the moment Aiden mentioned the word 'sister' thoughts about my own family came rushing in, and I was so afraid of breaking down in front of Aiden.

"Is something wrong?" He asked as he sat beside me.

"Nothing," was all I could think of saying.

"It's okay," Aiden replied ,"we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

Actually, I do want to talk about it, but I do not know what to say. I do not not know what tell him.

Aiden sat in silence from beside me and I actually appreciate his comforting presence.

Maybe Aiden could give me answers, maybe Aiden could finally tell me the truth, but I guess the problem is with me.

I was afraid to know the truth.

I finally broke my silence after looking at Aiden Walker's eyes, "Aiden I have to go," I said.

"Oh you want to go home? I could give you a ride," he replied.

"Uh-no I want to go somewhere else, and I would appreciate it if you could let me go there alone," as soon as I said it, a look of sadness washed over Aiden's face. Which actually made me feel guilty for a moment.

Sure I was sort of not in the mood for Aiden, but the guy had been so kind and helpful that I couldn't just hurt him and be ungrateful.

"I mean, I want to go see London, and am capable of going there by myself," I added immediately.

Aiden raised his brow, "uhm okay if that's what you want," he replied, but I could sense the hesitation in his voice, "just call me when you need me."

I didn't know what came to me but I moved forward and gave Aiden a hug,"you'll be the first person I'll call. I promise."

I can feel Aiden's jaw move, telling me that he was in fact smiling.

"Oh and Asia," he said.

"What?" I answered, still not breaking off from the hug.

"You have to go out through the window."

~

              I never went to London's Place. I didn't even know what to do at the moment, but one thing is for sure; I don't want to be alone with Aiden Walker at the moment. Just a few weeks ago I hated his guts. I despised him for being such an ass, but for some reason fate intervened and I got to know him better. 

I though I knew the real Aiden.

But turns out that I just figured a deeper layer of him and then yesterday of all days I discovered another layer, and this time it involved me. It housed another secret, another lie.

I tried to shake the tears away. I felt confused and frustrated, and I hated my family and Aiden for not telling me anything. I get that maybe the past was something hurtful but that doesn't mean I want to forget it. Whatever happened between Aiden and me was already a part of my life and I feel like I will never be complete without knowing it.

I wiped stray tears with the hem of Aiden's shirt when I heard someone calling my name.

"Asia," I lifted my head to the sound of the voice, only to see my bestfriend Emerald standing a few feet away from me, tears were trickling down her face as well.

"Emerald?" 

I wasn't expecting her to run to me and wrap her arms around my neck, nor was I expecting her to sob against my chest. 

" I miss you so much," she sobbed as she clutched to Aiden's shirt tighter.

"I miss you too," I replied as I returned Emerald's hug.

"I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for abandoning you. I've been a horrible friend. I'm sorry," she rambled.

"It's alright," I said as I pulled away from her, "I'm just happy that you're here. I kind of need someone to talk to because right now. I just don't know who to trust anymore.

Emerald smiled shyly, "I know, a really ugly birdie told me and as much as I dislike him I knew he was right. You need me more than anything right now."

I smiled at the thought of Aiden talking to Emerald, risking his neck just to convince her to talk to me. I glanced back to his house, wondering what he was doing at the moment.

'Thank you,' I spoke in my mind.