Earning The Ultimate Trust (A Pokemon Fanfiction)

Start from the beginning

"Pikachu we have one more shot at this! Use Volt Tackle!"

"Taillow counter attack with Aerial Ace!"

Pikachu and Taillow sped toward each other at a high speed and they collided. When the dust cleared, both pokemon were barely standing. Then, they both fell over. The referee announced. "Tie! Both Pikachu and Taillow are unable to battle!" Ash picked up Pikachu and Matthew withdrew Taillow. "You both fought great. Good job Taillow."

"You too Pikachu. You fought very well."

"We'll have to get them to Nurse Joy."

ooOoo

"Oh my goodness!" said Nurse Joy the second we walked in. "Your pokemon really fought hard, didn't they?" "Can you heal them?" asked Matt, handing Joy his pokeball. "You're pokemon will be just fine. They just need some rest. It's going to be awhile before the two of them wake up. Why don't you take a walk?" "Great idea! Why don't I take Ash to my mom's laboratory so he can check out her pokemon?" Matt shrugged. "Alright. I'll just wait here then. I'll call you when the pokemon wake up." "Great Matt. Thanks!"

Ash and I then left the pokemon center and started walking up the street toward my mom's laboratory. "So Nicole, do you have any pokemon?"

"No... I wish I did. It must be great to be a trainer."

"It really is." Ash and I kept walking down the dirt road toward my mom's laboratory. Within another couple of minutes, the building came into sight. I walked through the door and I saw my mother behind her desk talking with Professor Oak. "Hi mom."

"Oh, hi honey. You need something?"

"Yes, this is Ash Catchum. He came with Professor Oak."

"Oh, yes. I've been waiting for him." Me and my mother look very much alike. We both have simple, medium length brown hair only my mom's hair is in a bun most of the time and we both have black glasses. The only difference is our eye colours. My mom's eyes are dark blue and mine are a very light blue. She says I got them from my father. I never met my father. He died before I was born. I always wondered if that was the reason why she didn't give me a pokemon yet. "Come over here Ash. I have a favour to ask you."

Ash sat in the empty chair across from my mom.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"I know you hope to collect the eight badges in the Vaunu Region and challenge the Vaunu League. That has been Nicole's dream since she was little. Would it be alright for her to accompany you on your pokemon journey?"

"Of course! I could always use more company!"

"Good answer! Nicole, come here. I have a couple of things to give you."

I got out of the chair I was sitting in and walked over to my mother's desk. She then reached under her desk and pulled out a box. She then opened the box and there were three pokeballs inside. I could barely believe my eyes. (Could she possibly be thinking....?)

"Nicole, I've decided to let you follow your dreams and start your pokemon journey." She took out the three pokeballs and threw them into the air. "Mudkip! Torchic! Treecko! Come on out!" Three different pokemon came out of the pokeballs. "Nicole, choose which pokemon you like the most."

I looked at the three pokemon standing in front of me. Any one of them would be a great pokemon to have with me on my adventures. Both Torchic and Mudkip seemed happy to see me. However, Treecko had its arms crossed and wasn't even paying attention to me. It had a piece of grass in its mouth and its eyes weren't staring in my direction. I had a feeling that it's been with my mom for a long time and that it's not used to being around to many people.