Part Eight: The Last Light

Time was running out as Jack Winter and the guardians hurried to Lyn a small town near a woodland area and small streams and river's. As Winter and Jack arrived in the centre of the town there eyes scanning the area around them. However they were completely unaware that a dark presence was watching them.

As the seconds past Jack and Winter looked desperately to find the last remaining light,when they were disturbed by a tormented feeling. Winter heard something behind her but as she turned it seemed there was nothing there. "Jack!". Winter called her eyes facing a small house at the left side of the street it's white Windows stood out from the rest of the burgande colour of the house. Jack soon arrived at her side his eyes too looking for the child. They could find no trace until a small golden light shone through the window of the burgande house Jack flew up to the window where he saw a young girl,the girl was sitting by her bed holding on to a blue snowflake shape. Her hair was a beautiful blonde and her eyes were a stunning golden brown. Jack carefully slid his head through the window where he sat staring at the girl before she noticed him she smiled in disbelief as snow gently started to float down from her bedroom sealing. "Wow". She whispered her small delicate eyes full of joy and wonder. Winter was the second to enter the room her dress blew in the wind which as the seconds past was getting stronger and stronger. "Winter". The young girl mumbled her eyes lit up with magic. Jack looked at Winter then glanced at the girl. Winter knelt down in front of her and placed her hand on the young girls shoulder as she replied with a smile. "She believe in you". Jack mumbled." That's it, that's when you were given a second chance". He added with a shock expression on his face. They were soon interrupted by a huge flash of lightning that made their reaction immeadite." Come on we have to go..now!". Jack said. The lightning was tense and the thunder was firce as the sky turned black and evil." What's your name?". Winter asked the girl hesitated for a moment before replying." S,Summer". She stutterd in a nervous tone. Jack looked out from the window to see the clouds above them spiral violently they thought they were done for when out of nowhere the rest of the guardians crash the sleigh just outside of the house. North was the first to emerge out from the red and brown vehicale. Jack,Winter and Summer rushed outside." What are you doing here". North asked,his voice was weak and fragile. Winter later arrived holding Summers little pink hand inside her own." Same as you". Winter answered in a respected tone. Th guardians looked at Winter memorized in a unknown way." The last light". Bunny said his ears perked up as young Summer giggled happily. Then Winter turned her head to the dark sky and noticed a tall figure standing on what seemed to be a large dark-sanded cloud." Jack!". She exclaimed her eyes filling with fear. Jack faced the sky where his eyes met th tall man." Pitch,get Winter and Summer out of here". Jack said flying up towards him. Pitch smiled in a evil way his golden eyes were the only light in him. Jack clenched his staff and suddenly a bolt of ice shot it's way through the air as Pitch replied with a shard of darkness. The ice and dark shards met and exploded wildly between them Jack haulted stopping in his tracks when he collision of elements faded Pitch was gone. Seconds later Jack heard a scream voom by from a dark allyway. Just moments later Jack arrived to see the guardians,Winter and Summer face to face with Pitch and his army of Nightmares completely surrounded them. Jack could see Winter clenching Summers hand tighter as the Nightmares closed further and further in.

Pitch was on the back of the lead horse Nightmare he sat silent for a slight second before leaning forward and gazing at Winter with a cheeky grin on his face." Hello Winter". He said his voice a compelling tone his eyes were focused now n Winter as she had now become the centre of attention." I told you, you should have joined me I mean what goes to better together than cold and dark...what do you say Winter". He said. Winter last her voice in the tense and threatening atmosphere she looked at him shaken and remained almost perfectly still." Fine there are other ways to persuade you". He whispered turning and walking away.Summer hid herself behind the guardians as they grew weaker to even speak. Jack flew like a rocket down to the alleyway but then Pitch spun round shooting a dark-sanded cloud straight at the guardians. Jack quickened his pace but when he arrived...he was too late. And as the ashes of the dark cloud disappeared so did Winter.