CH. 8 FAMILY REMAINS

"Melissa if you talk about it...."

"Look, I know you are trying to help really, but I don't really remember anything," said Melissa cutting off the psychiatrist. Every day it had been the same old questions and Melissa didn't want to talk about the torture. Besides it made no sense since demons didn't really "exist."

"Ok, well let's talk about how you're feeling physically."

"Physically I feel like shit. I'm in pain every day and stuck in this bed, not allowed to do anything!" exploded Melissa. How did the psychiatrist want her to feel? Maybe Dean was right about her not being able to leave as soon as she wanted.

"Well, would you like some coloring pages, or a game to play," said the psychiatrist in her annoyingly calm voice.

"What am I five years old?! No! I just want you to fucking leave me alone!" Melissa's phone rang and the psychiatrist watched her get it. "Hello!" answered Melissa still burning with anger.

"Nice to talk to you too," said Dean on the other line. "Listen I need, we need your help real quick."

"Yea ok, what is it?" asked Melissa sitting up in bed. She turned to the psychiatrist. "Do you mind? Our session is over. Thank you." The psychiatrist sighed getting up and writing down a few notes. Melissa waited until she left.

"Well I can tell that the therapy sessions are going great," said Dean sarcastically.

"Shut up, dick," said Melissa pulling out her laptop.

"Whore. Anyway we need your help looking for a case, we're bored and usually you find all the cases for us."

"And while you two are busy being bored, I'm having the time of my life talking about hurt feelings." Melissa pulled up her listings of recent news articles as Dean laughed at her. "Ok, I got a few listings here for you. There's Cedar Rapids, Tulsa, China Town, and Stratton, Nebraska. I haven't had time to research any of the stories, but then again the doctors come around nonstop." She pulled up all three pages of the websites she had saved and noticed a doctor looking at some papers just outside her door. "Speak of the devil."

"Another doctor," said Dean.

"Yup the main doctor, I have to talk to him to see when I can leave," sighed Melissa putting her laptop away again.

"Which will be never."

"Hey, technically I'm telling the truth that I can't remember anything because I have put it all behind me."

"Yea I know what you mean."

The doctor was now looking through her window waiting patiently until she was done with the phone call, but she wasn't ready to talk yet. She had to see if Dean was ok and put up a finger signaling to give her another minute. "Hey Dean are you ok?"

"Of course why do you keep asking me that?"

"You just seem like your trying to always stay busy and...."

"Look I'm fine ok. You just need to get better so you can join us back on the field again alright?"

"Alright, call me to let me know what you find out."

"I will." Dean hung up and Melissa turned to wave the doctor in.

"I hope I didn't interrupt your conversation," said Doctor Robs.

"Of course not, so I assume you're here because the therapist sent you?" asked Melissa reading his mind.

"Yes I am. She says you don't want to talk to her about anything."