CH. 7 DEMONS AND ANGELS

Start from the beginning

Melissa glared at Sam before looking back at Dean. He just sighed and put his brave face on for Sam. "Yea ok, Sammy. Well, we better get going if we're going to find out what the deal is with this Anna chick."

They began packing bags to leave. Melissa laid down in the back seat with her headphones on trying to get rid of her headache of the look of the demon. She hated their ugly faces and often tried not to look at them that way, but at the person they possessed instead. It was hard sometimes knowing that inside that thing actually was a person, not a monster.

"Hey wake up," said Dean. He shoved Melissa who had fallen asleep in the back seat.

"What? Are we here?" she asked frazzled.

"Been here. We just got done talking with Anna's counselor. Turns out both you and Ruby weren't lying."

"Of course I wouldn't lie about that and why didn't you wake me up?"

"Because you looked so darn cute asleep," smiled Dean sarcastically.

"Dick."

"Whore." Dean watched as Melissa rubbed her head. He didn't know what it was about her, but he couldn't stay mad at her for long. He even felt sympathy whenever she was in pain. He cleared his throat. "It was Sam's idea not to bother you. Did you take some of those pills that he gave you?"

"Yea I did. By the way we're out," said Melissa shaking the empty bottle.

"You finished that whole bottle in two days?"

"No, one, ugh. I don't know why I have such a migraine."

"Maybe you should see a doctor," said Sam who was looking at a book. "I think you might want to see this."

"Yea and tell them what? I'm a supernatural being who seems to be getting migraines from visions that I have, yea that'll work," she said rolling her eyes and taking the book from him flipping through the pages. She got interested when it came to the part about the seals. "What the hell is this girl?"

"You got me," said Dean. "We were going to search her house next, see if we find any clues to where she could have gone."

"Sounds like a plan," said Melissa closing the book.

They walked up to the house, but Melissa lingered behind. She was starting to see double, that's how bad the headache hurt. Her sunglasses helped with the light, but not the sound. Even Dean's knock sounded louder than usual and she winced in pain.

"Maybe they're not home," Dean shrugged.

"Both cars are in the driveway," said Sam.

Dean gave them a look as he tried the door to find it unlocked. Melissa pulled out her gun. Something didn't feel right and she wasn't going to take any chances.

"Whoa, you're going to scare these people," said Dean.

"The door's unlocked, doesn't that seem something could be wrong." Melisa cocked her gun and fixed her sunglasses. Dean nodded agreeing with her argument.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Milton? We're from the sheriff's department," said Dean walking straight through.

"We want to ask you a couple of questions," said Sam walking into the living room. He sighed and Melissa followed him.

"Damn." It was all Melissa could say. Sam stooped down to smell some white stuff on the floor. He snorted at the smell.

"Sulfur," said Dean.