Chapter 1

Quick note- first off thanks for the long wait. I had to work a lot this summer so I didn't have time to upload anything to this story. I know it was a very long wait but here is the first chapter. I needed to fix the draft and added some pictures in it. I am sorry if it's short but at least it's better than I'm abandoning or not releasing something to give you all to read.

Secondly, the picture at the top is the house they'll be moving to in Derry, Maine. I got it the picture off of google images. So enough of me jibber jabbering let's read! Please enjoy and don't forget to give feedback! :)

******************************

October 15, 1954

'It's all my fault. I should've never did what I had done. Now, I have to pay for the consequences.' Valentine thought as she walked through the halls of Minnesota State Jail.

May 20, 1960

'I am finally free, and now I can finally start over. At least that's what I have them think.' Valentine thought as she packed her stuff of her cell of the state jail city of Minneapolis, Minnesota.

November 10, 1960

Valentine releases a deep breath as she leans her head on top of the palm of her hand, as her elbow is leaning against the window. She looked outside of the window looking at the passing trees, houses and so on as they reached Derry, Maine.

Her parents hoped to have a fresh new start for Valentine, even though she's getting some help.

'I don't know what I've done to leave my home and go to this so-called town called Derry in Maine.' Valentine thought as they drove through the small town. 'Why can't we start over somewhere else closer to Minnesota? I don't get it!'

The things she's done in the past is in the past, but people are so sensitive that they don't want a relationship with someone who has criminal charges against them. At least mistaken criminal charges that she was framed.

Her parents Timothy and Clara Bell, had to take her across the country in order to get there daughter to see a specialist. What kind of specialist in what kind of trouble Valentine put herself into? No one really knows.

Timothy Bell looked back at her daughter as he slowly pulled up to the two-story white house at the end of a cul-de-sac. (Picture below is what a cul-de-sac looks like).

Timothy, her father, sees that his only daughter looked pretty bored with the whole moving kind of thing

Timothy, her father, sees that his only daughter looked pretty bored with the whole moving kind of thing. "Val, please try to make this move the best that you can."

Valentine looked away from whatever she was looking at and she turns her head to look at her father. "I just don't get why we had to move half way across the nation to get me better."

"You know why honey," Clara, Val's mother said. "At least try to be good and not get into trouble again. Make friends, not enemies."

Valentine looks out the window, rolling her eyes. "I'll try." and the Bell family pulled into their driveway.

As soon as the car had stopped, Val's parents got out of the car as Valentine just sat there contemplating whether to explore and tour the house. Her parents were already up the porch filled with excitement to see the house that they'll be living in. Eventually, Valentine opened the car door of the backseat and slowly climbed out. But she didn't close the spirit anything just stood there in between the door and the inside of the car, just staring at the house.

Valentine's mother turned around to see that her daughter hasn't budged since they got here. "Come on Val! We're going to be living here for a while."

Valentine sighed, and stepped away from the car and closed the door in order to walk up the steps of the house so she could at least look inside. "Okay mother. I'll pretend that this place is good for us and that you didn't rip me away from my friends back home."

"You don't talk to your mother like that Valentine," her father said. "Your lucky we didn't disown you for putting shame onto our family name."

Valentine looked at her father, Timothy and she said, "Your just mad that I didn't stay a good child. But I'm getting better. I know I am."

"You'll be getting getting better in the future when we go to the doctor to see Doctor Harland," Clara, the mother said. "So you can take your medication."

"For how long?"

"We don't know," Clara said. "But it could be for the rest of your life."

Valentine takes a deep breath. "Then I most likely will hate this place more than I already do. If that is even possible." Then her parents opened the door to their new home so that they can pack their things from the trunk of their car.