You're the only girl in One Direction and he fancies you (part 1)...

Start from the beginning

"Harry, just take a break, you're going to hurt your voice," you place a hand on his forearm to get his attention after a particularly rough attempt and his eyes soften slightly as they meet yours.

"Please?" He nods, and the two of you head out to the settees on the other side of the booth while the producer slips out to get something to eat.

"I can't believe this is happening," he talks aloud, more to himself than to you, as he rests his head back against the wall.

"Why can't I just reach those stupid notes?"

"Hey, don't eat yourself up over it," you reassure him, "Don't put even more pressure on yourself - you wrote this whole song, it's incredible."

He turns his head to look at you and smiles sadly, "Cheers, but I'm going to ruin the whole song if I can't reach those notes."

Niall:

You, along with the rest of the boys were having a movie night at the Harry's home, though Louis, Liam and Zayn had still yet to turn up. You're making your way back from 'your' room, having just got changed into some baggy pyjamas, and were on your way back to the living room when the sound of shouting caught your ears, and you pause before the doorway, effectively hidden from sight.

"Get a grip Niall! She's like my sister!" Harry shouts in exasperation.

"So why are you always all over her then?" you're surprised by the way Niall's voice sounds almost like a growl.

"I'm not! You're paranoid!" Harry accuses, and you bite your lip, unsure whether you should intervene,

"I'm the same way with her as I am all of you, you're all family." You hear a noise that half sounds like a sigh and a strangled cry, and when Niall speaks now he's no longer shouting.

"You know how I... I just feel like you do it on purpose all the time because you know that I can't -".

"Like shit you can't Niall," Harry snaps back.

"You know I love you man but stop with the self-pity and just say something! Stop acting like it's impossible!"

and you know what Styles, not all of us are a fucking slut and I certainly don't want to be either!"it was definitely time to intervene.

"What are you two doing?" you raise your voice as you place yourself in between the two boys, promptly cutting off Harry's comeback. You look between the two boys, your bandmates, your best friends and you feel the corners of your mouth turn down - Niall's face was bright red and he was shaking slightly, hands balled into fists tightly by his sides, while Harry was breathing deeply in an effort to calm himself, his nostrils flaring and his gaze fixed on the Irishman. No one says a word, the room tense, and you make sure you keep a strong footing between the boys despite being aware you'd easily be pushed aside if they did make a start at eachother. Looking between their angry faces, your tone is desperate when you speak.

"What is going on?". You jump slightly as Harry lets out a single, harsh laugh, his eyes not leaving Niall's as he gestures towards him.

"How about you ask Niall over there?" You frown slightly, unamused by Harry's tone, but all the same you turn your body to face Niall as you ask softly, "Niall?"

Your breath gets caught in your throat when Niall drags his gaze away from Harry to look at you, but his eyes are still furious, scary even, as if he's still seeing red. He grunts and leaves, and it's not until you hear the back patio doors slam shut that you let out the breath you weren't aware you'd been holding.

You turn back to Harry with a look of disbelief on your face, finding him flopping back into his armchair, hand raised and rubbing at his brow, "What was that all about?"