Summer Games Pt 2

Mei:

Your father and uncle were Olympic athletes so it's only natural you followed in their footsteps. Like them you were part of China's team and won a few medals in karate already like your family. Your father and uncle Bi-Han train you since you were a child so now you match them in their ferociousness, you even earn a nickname like them. Your uncle was known as Sub-Zero, your father as Tundra then Sub-Zero after your uncle retired, then you as Blizzard then finally Sub-Zero when your father retired. Your family were known as cold hearted fighters hence the names, but you and your father were more open than your uncle.

“Hey Blizzard what's it like fighting?”

You look down at a pale skin boy, he was in his wheelchair. You sat down next to the boy who's like 10 years old. “Well… Depends why I'm fighting. I feel excited like power is running throughout my body, like I'm a super human when doing matches with friends or in tournaments. When I have to like when someone I care is in danger… I feel determined to save them and to keep fighting. Knowing that I'm protecting them makes me lose all fear that I have just to keep them safe.” The boy named Xīwàng smile softly and looks around the training room the Olympic committee had for the athletes.

“I was right! You're not some heartless fighter you're a warrior of rightness. People always say that Liangs are nothing but cold hearted men, that you guys like violence… Even my parents think so…”

You weren't surprised after all you did act like your Uncle Bi-Han distant and callous but as you grew older and met your wife, you become more sympathetic but still aloof. People still fear you and your family. “Tell me kid why aren't you afraid of me? Why do you call me a hero?” The kid smile. “It's your eyes. When I see you on the t.v. fighting your eyes don't look cold, your eyes are like mine's. Your eyes are bright and have life like everyone else, and you help your opponents too when they win or lose. I can see your nice.” You were impressed by what Xīwàng said. “Wow kid you're smarter than most people.” The boy giggled.

You spent more time with the child since it was his dream to meet his idol at the Olympics, you. Xīwàng has severe anemia where he's so weak that he can't walk without getting out of breath and his chest hurting a lot. It's so severe he also has heart problems. Xīwàng is listed to have a blood and marrow stem cell transplants but no match has been found, and his condition been worsening. His parents wanted to do what Xīwàng always dream of doing in case the worst came, and his number one wish was to meet you. Your dad and uncle help set this up since the parents already lost a lot of money just to get tickets at the Olympics and a hotel here.

Xīwàng had to leave since he has to take his medication. As he left with his parents to his hotel room an idea popped in your head which you discuss with your family and the Olympic Committee.

*Time Skip*

Xīwàng sat in his hospital room since apparently here in Sydney Australia they found a match and quickly began the surgery. He spent a week in the hospital watching the Olympics on the t.v., now it's the final days of the Games and today is the karate event. He can't wait to see his idol fight. The event and the fights went until it was your turn to go. He was so excited to see the fight.

“Now it's Mexico’s Carlos Moreno versus China's Kuai Liang!”

Xīwàng was surprised that it's your father fighting, he was confused but watch as your father moved to the finals. Xīwàng saw your father win gold in karate but so confused why you're not there. His question was answered when your family visit. “Mister Sub-Zero what happened to Blizzard?” Your dad smile and open the door to let Mei move the wheelchair with you in it in. “Why don't you ask him yourself?” Xīwàng and his parents eyes widened as you reach his side. “Nǐ hǎo kid.” You gave him a smirked as he was shocked.