Chapter Two

Chandler to the side >>>>>

Look After You 

Chapter 2

"Hey Court!" I yelled, running inside the old house.

"Nell!" She yelled, smiling.

"Hello Chanel." Veronica greeted.

"Happy Anniversary!" I grinned, wiggling my eyebrows. Ronni rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag.

"Thanks. And Courtney's had her bath and lunch, so just do what you normally do." She smiled, "but keep an eye on her."

"You know I will. Now go, you've got a man to do." I winked.

She scowled at me then smiled, "Goodbye, Nelly."

"Make yourself at home, Cart." I offered, "I don't need to tell you that anymore, you do that anyway."

Carter came into the den and scoffed, "I do not."

"Oh really, tell me more, with that icecream cone of mine in your hand?"

He stuck his tongue out and licked the cone again. "Hey Court."

"Hey Carter." Courtney grinned.

"I'll be right back." I told him. I ran up the stairs, into my bedroom. My bedroom was pretty normal. Nothing out of the ordinary. My mom didn't make a lot of money, so we weren't wealthy. Actually, we were far from wealthy. My room is kind of small. I have a twin bed near the window. I have a closet that is halfway empty, mainly filled with painting supplies. I don't have a TV in my room, I don't need one. I have a desk, with an HP laptop and a desk lamp. I have a dresser with some clothes in it and a hamper. The walls are a pale yellow with a couple of posters on them. Overall, it's not a very interesting bedroom. I grabbed my laptop and scurried downstairs.

I clicked my tongue and laid back on the couch. Carter was singing to Courtney, which she enjoyed. Carter had a beautiful voice, no doubt about it.

I pulled up google and typed in 'One Direction contest.'

I clicked the first website and was directed to another. It had all this information about myself, my name, where I lived, my age, etc. I wonder how many times I could type it in. I shrugged and began typing. It had to be at least 20 minutes later, I filled out at least 50 of the contest forms when I got a phone call. I have a job, so I can afford a phone.

The caller was Parker, my boss.

"Hello?" I asked, confused as to why he was calling me on my day off.

"Oh um, Nell. We have an um, issue." He said, awkwardly.

"What kind of issue?" I asked, skeptically.

"Well, Jason kind of came down with the flu and Brittany is on vacation.." He trailed off.

"Cut to the chase." I snapped, knowing what he was going to ask of me.

"Could you maybe work today?"

I groaned, "It's my day off."

"I'll pay you double. Please. There are so many people here, it's ridiculous."

"Triple and I'll come." I smirked.

"You've got to be kidding me." He scoffed.

"Parker, we've got 10 more people coming in!" A girly voice panicked in the background.

"Fine." He snarled, "I'll pay you triple. Bye."

I smiled in victory. "Uh, Carter. I have a really big favor to ask of you."