Chapter 2: Was It All Just A Dream?

*RING RING

*THUD

"Ugh... what time is it? It's too early for me to wake up.."

"Yuto-kun! Breakfast! It's almost eight, and you're gonna be late!"

"C-Coming Mom!"

   Morizaki Yuto here. I'm a freshman at Watari High in the provincial part of Hokkaido. Today is my first day at  school, so I need to prepare. And fast.

"Mom, I'm going now! Please don't forget to feed Mimi for me!"

"Okay. Have a fun day!"

  ♢  

"Hey Yuto! It's nice to see you!"

   At first, I couldn't recognize him. He had changed quite drastically in appearance.

"Shino? Is that really you?"

"Yeah! Quite the look I've got, right?"

"I almost mistook you for a stranger."

   Hashima Shino. One of my best friends. Even if he is quite popular, I'm glad taht he chose me as his pal.

  ♢  

   As we both went up to the bulletin to check out our classes, we bumped by an unsuspecting girl. She was quite.... dazzling. I instantly recognized her, though.

"Mika?"

"Woah, Yuto! I haven't seen you in a long time!"

"Me neither. You got the cute face there, all right."

"Well, it's gotta be one of the traits in being a model."

   Mika. She's a model at AA Studios, one of the biggest modeling companies here in Hokkaido, and well... she's also the girlfriend of Shino.

"Baby, you look great!"

"I know, right? I've missed you this whole summer."

"Me too, even more."

"Can we quit the flirtatious atmosphere for a while? We still need to check our sections, you know?"

"Well actually, we already did. And all three of us are in the same section, Class D."

"A-Alright. Well, that's cool having the three of us in the same section."

   Oh, I so wanna get a girlfriend.

  ♢  

"Are you really going to perform later?"

"Yeah. You guys better come and watch."

"Sounds cool. We'll meet you at the venue. Good luck and have fun!"

"Thanks, you both."

   Today is also the day when my band, Kitomisaki is going to perform at tonight's festival. We still haven't prepared our stuff on stage, so I'm going now to meet my bandmates. As I reached the top of the hill in which we were going to perform, I witnessed the last moment of the setting sun into the darkness of the incoming night.

"Kataware-doki."

   I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before. It sounded quite familiar, although I shrugged the feeling off.

  ♢  

"Everyone! Are you ready to party?! Let's make some noise and enjoy the night!"

"Woo!!"

   Our concert went out really good. It was also our debut concert, right after we were scouted by KNK Industries. Tonight marked a big achievement for all of us, most especially for me as I am the vocalist and leader of the band. 

"Great job, you guys. See you at KNK's meeting this Friday."

"You too, Yuto. You had showed a good performance tonight. We'll be off now then."

   As I was going back, I met Mika and Shino. They invited me to come and enjoy the festival with them.

"Yuto, your performance was good. As expected from Kitomisaki's lead vocalist."

"Aww gee.. Thanks, Shino."

"Mika approves the compliment too."

"Stop referring to yourself in third person, Mika. You sound so weird, haha."

"But it's true! Even you're acting quite weird today. Are you fine, Yuto?"

"Huh? What? Wait Mika... is this a joke?"

"No, Yuto. I'm not kidding. In fact, you're dreaming now, are you?"

//Sorry for the late upload. Writer's block + retreat + busy sched. Gonna be updating the next few chapters now.