Better Off Dead

Jaylen

"Yo Lil Jay got the word from the streets.",  Loose commented while walking into my door.

I have a nice place for a single man outside D.C. My wife died years ago in childbirth. I didn't even bother throwing away her stuff. It won't be right. Everything after that didn't matter much anymore. I kept up the business for my brother and packed the big house for a small condo.

"What's the word Loose."

"B been helping that clown ass,  taking over our blocks. I need you to pull everything you got stashed and meet me at the warehouse in 5 hours",  with a worried look on his faced,  Loose walked out the door.

I have to get all the books together. Jayvon had 2 laundromats,  a car wash and a nail salon here in D.C. In Baltimore,  he had a laundromat and that's it. I have a safe house in Woodbridge, VA,  so I can hide out there until I straightening things out.

They come for me, I know it. For two weeks, B crew been robbing our trap houses and our connects to stop the flow of the money. And knowing these cats out here,  its amount of time they find out about the businesses and cribs too.

I have to call Lil bit. She runs the nail salon and the car wash for Big Jay.

" Hello"

"Yo, Lil Bit, I need to hit the banks and pull everything out the businesses. Then call Mrs. Penny and tell her to do the same for the laundromats as all. Meet me at my house for an hour."

I can hear the stress in her voice. She was short,  4'9, real, hard and about her business. She makes sure her girls pay up. Her voice so young and sweet. You can't even tell she is in her 30s.

" Alright,  I am there in an hour.",  she hung up quick.

I made my way to the books in the hidden floor of my closet. I keep good records. I didn't want take them with me on the run. So,  I wrote down the major accounts to pull from. I retrieve the address to the safe house and went into my living room to burn the books.

###########################

Nena

We have been hitting the streets hard. If we catch a nigga near anything that Big Jay touched,  we hold him in the basement. We robbed anything that was not tied down.

Brooks gave me all the info I need to find these places. And why not? Pops is giving him most of the pot.

We found a spot out on the outskirts of D.C. Something low key but near everything. We made sure Brooks provide us with a warehouse, to do our thing. We only came to the city at night when things start popping. We slept and count money in a day.

People know my name. I have been here only a couple of weeks, and already I being feared. Brook's crew do not want to score with us. They saying Badnews niggas are too messy. What the fuck does that mean? It seems we out here taking care of their business.

I got up late this afternoon, so it shook me when I got knock on my door. I put some clothes on and open the door.

"Sorry to wake you but I got some word on Big Jay's crew." As Dee walked in, I noticed his hand was bleeding.

"What happened last night, " I asked Dee.

"It was a long night but I got the location of Loose and Big Jay's brother."

He face was sweating and his breath was at a pace. He makes sure he wore clothes for such an occasion. His hands put in some work. It was bleeding from his meat and splitting from the bone. He looks tired from throwing blows to another man's face.

"Let me get dress. You freshen up, tell the boys to do the same. Y'all get some rest. I take care of them."

############################

Jaylen

I got up all the money that is required. Lil bit and Mrs. Penny left the house a few mins ago. They just brought the 3.2 million from the banks and stash houses and papers. I sign over the business to them. Gave them some cash, gave my good lucks and part ways. Now I'm set. I got my bags safely in the car. I make sure to whip all electric clean and burn everything that shows my handwriting.  I'm good to go.

" Where you going."

###########################

Nena

He was standing there dumb founded. I caught his ass in a nick of time.

" Where you think you going? Not far I hope?", 

"Yo,  who are you? How you get in my house?",   yelled Jaylen.

"Oh, I let my self in. I hope you don't mind. I will like to talk to you.",  with a pretty smile on her face.

I'm going to toy with him. I know he's not a street nigga. I know he graduated top of his class from Georgetown. I know he was married or was married. I know he just a bookkeeper.

##########################

Jaylen

She was beautiful. She stands tall and proud. Her eyes looked through your soul. Her lips were swole and plump. Her skin was light and creamy. I never saw something like it. She was not skinny but slim and curvy. She wore it well.

" Humor me.",  he joked. He sat down on the dining room chair with some papers in his hand.

She walked closer. She wore black leggings, showing all her assets. She had a small T-shirt with a small navy blue blazer jacket. Fresh white Nike and pair of JackieOs. It was not too much. She had strip sticking out of her left side of her jacket.

"Well, I guess you know who I am.",  walking a little closer towards him " And I can guess you know what I want." She stops right in front of him.

I know who the fuck she is. But I'm better off dead,  so she is not getting shit.

###########################

Thanks, guys. I hope you enjoy. Because I enjoy ✍ it!