Harry Potter, Lily Julben, and The Resurrection

Start from the beginning

As soon as she reached the doorway, it was clear some major cleaning was needed. "Well... There's only a week left..." She thought, but there was a little voice in the back of her head saying she'd been putting it off for days, under the thought that she'd be gone soon, and Lily knew it was right.

She picked up the clothing scattering the floor, hastily shoving it into drawers, and laundry baskets that were already full to the brim. She made her bed, trying to line up the baby blue sheets, and picked up everything on the floor and put them back in their rightful place.Lily grabbed her quill, parchment, and exceedingly large stack of books and attempted to transport them to her bed.

 Halfway through the short walk, the stack started to sway, and not long after all the books went crashing to the floor.Gal, who had been standing nearby and had been apparently terrified by the sudden noise, jumped up onto Lily's back, and sunk his claws deep into the material of her shirt.

"Ow!" She exclaimed as the cat's sharp nails connected with the skin on her shoulder blade, "Off, Gal, OFF!" He was still stuck to her back like a white, squirming parasite. "Ugh!" Lily moaned, "SERIOUSLY, Gal? I'm trying to study for ONCE, this is a moment to- OW!" He'd finally peeled of her back, but took four large chunks of flesh with him, from where his claws were embedded.

She mumbled something like, "You suck," and swatted aimlessly at the cat, before she heard the sound of hurried footsteps, muffled by the carpet. Her mom and dad, Walter and Linda, came into the room- Linda looking rather weary. She took many deep breaths before asking,

"Anything wrong, honey?"

Lily shrugged.

"Nope, not really... Gal just got spooked and jumped on my back,"

She replied, pointing at the small marks on her back, bleeding slowly. Her mother practically shrieked.

"Lilith Julben! That could be a serious wound due to that cat's magical properties! Walter, dear, please mend those cuts!"

Lily rolled her eyes before looking over her shoulder and whining,"Mom, come ON, I'm in eighth year! I can do things myself!"

Her mother huffed, but it turned into a cough, and she shuffled over to the bed where she sat down.When the coughing stopped, she burst back into complaints. 

"You are technically still in school, and it would therefore be practically impossible to perform such magic! You are not a healer- yet – and for the record, if you're so convinced you can do things yourself, don't go yelling- I can't keep running up these blasted stairs when I'm pregnant- it's simply too much work!"

"Right." Said Lily, bluntly.

"Excuse me?"

"I said right. It's a very common word, mom, I'm sure you've heard it before! Oh, and 'for the record'," She said, in a mocking tone, "I do NOT plan on being a healer!" She finished the statement loudly and perhaps a little bit harshly.

"I..." said Linda, quietly. "Lily, dear, are you still upset about the... er...changes, at Hogwarts?"

"I suppose." She replied, shortly.

Lily had tried not to think of all the changes at school, tried to just remember the fun parts and pretend it was all the same... but it wasn't. Sirius was gone- Dumbledore, too. Even though the school was back in order, she knew it would have a different... air about it.

The whole school had been changed when Dumbledore died. The whole school should have grieved when Sirius died, too. But students thought he was nothing, had no idea he was just as great a man as the Headmaster- some of them still thought he was a murderer.