“What.”

Another howl made Carlie jump straight up telling her why Tara was so scared.

“We need to get Aaden out of here.”

“Where?”

Tara asked. Carlie looked around and saw a small tree beside them. She pointed at it and stood up before walking to Aaden.

“We can get her on that branch in the tree. Come here. Grab her legs.”

Tara ran to her unconscious girlfriend and lifted her legs. Tears were forming in her eyes at the thought she still hadn’t woken up but she blinked them away knowing there was no time to cry. Carlie lifted Aaden by her arms and the two carried her towards the tree. The howling of the wolves were growing closer and fast. They carefully lifted Aaden over their heads and onto the branch that was short enough for them to lie her on but tall enough for her to be protected from the wolves.

“TARA RUN!”

Carlie yelled and grabbed Tara’s hand as a wolf lunged from the bushes nearby. The two ran off into the trees unaware of where they were going.

“How many are there?”

Tara shouted.

“I don’t know! I don’t even know where they came from!”

Kaleb parked in the empty parking lot of the arena and the three men ran inside. He turned towards Pete and Ed once they got inside the door. It smelled of smoke and rotting things.

“There are about twenty or so gamblers. And Park. Three people that run these games. One who controls the seasons and most of the arena. One who controls the obstacles and one who calculates who is alive and who is not. If we can get past Park, everyone else will calm down.”

“But while Park is still in our way-“

“Everyone will be in our way.”

Pete finished for Ed. Kaleb nodded.

“Exactly. Park is our focus. Get to him. I’ll hold off the gamblers. The other three have to watch the games.”

They agreed and followed Kaleb into a metal elevator that was separate from the other clear tube ones. He pushed the 2nd floor button and they rode into their horror.

Once in the room Park immediately walked over to the elevator and took a good look at the three men.

“Kaleb who are these people. Why are they here?”

His questions were more of a demand.

“Your worst nightmare probably.”

Kaleb shrugged and stood in front of the gamblers who were struggling to look around him at the screens of Carlie and Tara running from wolves. Tara was bitten at the ankle and Carlie in the wrist.

“Alright gamblers. I suggest if you are smart you will stay seated.”

Kaleb turned towards the obstacle man and smiled sarcastically.

“Kill off the wolves.”

The man merely shook his head at Kaleb.

“I can’t do that sir. Park ordered them.”

Park then turned towards Kaleb and was about to protest before Ed pulled out his taser and zapped him in the neck making him fall to the floor resulting in gasps by the gamblers. Kaleb looked back at the man.

“Pretend I am Park for the moment.”

The man nodded and pressed the green button beside the paw print making all of the wolves on the screen fall immediately. Kaleb sighed and walked towards the elevator.