1 | cramped couch

PUPPY,
January 2018

kim jieun's eyes glint with refulgent stars that would carve constellations of unutterable emotions on one's fragile heart - na jaemin, a ruthless mafia leader, finds himself allured by the girl and wants her to be his at any cost.

kim jieun

na jaemin

na jaemin

REWRITING

REWRITING

-stockholm syndrome
-violence
-killer nct
-other groups
-some characters dies
-rape/rapist
-murders
-crazy jaemin
-possesive&overprotective jaemin
-lower case intended

jieun
soft chattering sounds broke the tranquility that the girl's room seemed to hold- a not so big chamber in a not so big apartment. an anime played in the background, as she and her pet, a fluffy and hyperactive dog (which wails loudly if it doesn't get any pat pat on his head), were caught in a very deep conversation, concerning god knows what.

if anyone will catch a glimpse of the both of them, they would think she's crazy. not that she'd care at all, as long as she was alone in her two-roomed apartment with her dog that probably didn't even comprehend her words. nevertheless, she continued on talking, wrapped burrito-style in her baby blue blanket.

"and that's how i got my job back, momo. that handsome and muscular guy was the one that had helped me. but i forgot to thank him," she sighed tiredly, turning her gaze back to the television that was ignored since then. the anime was, unfortunately, too tedious for her tastes. "what should i do, momo? i really want to meet the guy and properly thank him for helping me out."

the dog barked resoundingly in response, causing its owner to let out from between her incarnadine lips an almost quiet giggle, running her small delicate fingers through momo's coffee-coloured fur. the moment was disturbed by the familiar ringtone of the girl's phone, a soulful piano tune ringing throughout the small apartment. quickly giving a last pat pat to her dog and placing him down, she went to her phone and answered it without glancing at the caller's id.

"hello?"

"hey, jieunie. what are you up to?"

jieun shuffled back toward her momo, who was waiting patiently for her on their old, cramped couch (she had bought it from a yard sale for a low price months ago; blame her for being a short on money student). she sat down and coughed silently before answering. "playing with momo. it's dull here. eonnie, when will you come and visit us?" her eonnie chuckled slowly and warmly, reminding jieun of honey.

"eonnie will come soon, i promise. for now, let's talk about something else. i heard you got a new job, congrats!" momo whined as he made his way in the girl's lap, making itself comfortable. its owner melted at her dog's cuteness, wrapping them both in her baby blue blanket while grinning.

"yeah, uh, thanks. there's a café that just opened near my apartment and were looking for a barista to hire. so, i applied for the job along with other people, and surprisingly, i was the one who got hired!" she explained joyful, her eonnie humming for her to continue. "to be honest, it isn't that bad. on my first day, i tripped over my shoe's laces and all the coffee from my tray fell on a customer. i almost- hey, it's not funny!"

"this is so like you! i swear this is the funniest thing i've ever heard in a while." jieun huffed at hearing this, annoyed at her eonnie for finding this amusing.

"continue," she demanded while letting short breathless giggles. "uh, okay, i almost got myself fired, but a stranger convinced my manager to not dismiss me. he only spoke to my manager for five minutes and baaam! he said he'd give me a last chance."

the other line suddenly went silent, confusing jieun who furrowed her brows.

"u-uh, jieunie i gotta go! see you soon!"

"h-hey! w-wait-"

tut. tut. tut.

"-irene eonnie..."

jieun sighed deeply, the call would always end like this, with her eonnie rushing to finish the call with no explanation, and her feeling like a lost puppy, agreeing to whatever irene eonnie desired. if she wanted to suddenly interrupt their chit chat over the phone with no cause, then so be it.

jieun leaned her back against the couch and stared tenderly at momo who was asleep before lifting her dog and placing him beside the girl, pecking its head and trudged to her bedroom. as for her, jieun slipped under her blankets, her heavy eyelids threatening to close any moment. reaching out to her lamp sat on her nightstand, turning it on. her eyes darted to the ceiling, counting the small cracks until she eventually fell asleep, but not before a familiar voice said,

"good night, baby."

-

it's 3 in the morning. god, jieun regretted not paying enough attention to that boring anime. the fighting scene at the end piqued her curiosity, the name of the series forgotten as it was a fairly unpopular anime. her eyelids flickered open as her blanket fell to the floor. she was too lazy to take it (read: she was mostly scared of that non-existent monster from under her bed). her head was throbbing and all she wanted was a glass of cold water.glancing to the digital clock on her nightstand, she realized it's late. she had work tomorrow and really wanted to not sport any heagh her tousled hair.

"what should i do now?" she whispered to herself. no one would answer her anyway. jieun groaned in frustration and treaded to her desk, thinking of ways to kill time as her eyes refused stubbornly to close. sitting on her chair, she took an a4 paper and began sketching and doodling, coloring and drawing. she bit on her full, bottom lip while concentrating. what she hadn't noticed was how quickly the time had passed, the constant ticking of the clock being unheard by her.

"and, done! uh, it looks like a monster, not like momo," she mumbled gravely, tearing the paper in small pieces and throwing it in the trash can. sighing for the nth time, she stood up from her chair and began humming a pop song, dulcet tones creating a wordless melody.

"ah, time for bed." jieun muttered as she let herself fall on the beddings of her bed. she was about to drift away to a reassuring Neverland,

but not before her alarm went off.

___

hi, it's me nisa! well, i'm sorry if some of you guys like the plot from before. it's just, i lost my motivation to continue this book. and this story doesn't make sense at all, but it's okay if you guys don't want to read this book, i understand. well i'm not making a promise to update this book often but i'll try updating this as fast as i can 🌚