- TWENTY ØNE -

yes i drew that and i suck at drawing ppl so.. anyways here's the story oops--

~~~~~~

I woke up at 8:43 am.

It was my first official night without the throbbing nightmare that usually occurred past midnight every night.

I still woke up a little earlier than I planned, but it was fine because I did technically have plans for today.

I yawned, stretching and slightly grinning at myself for actually sleeping nicely for once. I got out of bed, sneaking past Josh, who fell asleep next to me breathing lightly.

I quickly scribbled on a post-it note, writing, "be back soonish. -izabella", and grabbed the keys, walking out of the door.

I unlocked my car parked in Jenna's driveway and stepped inside, nervously breathing. "Just don't think about it too much..." I told myself.

"You've done this several times now... this time's a little different, but-" then I noticed a light turn on inside the house and quickly drove away.

///

I arrived back at her house around 11 am. It lasted a little longer than I had planned, but it was fine because it went so much better than I expected.

Walking back inside, I was, of course, stopped by Jenna and Josh immediately. "Where were you?!"

My eyes widened and I gulped, realizing I hadn't thought of an excuse for being gone.

"Um," I laughed nervously. "I was just driving around for a bit. Needed one of those roll-down-the-window-and-blast-music car ride."

Josh raised an eyebrow. "Bruh, I so would have joined you."

"Maybe later." I winked, making his expression alternate to excitement.

"Anyways..." I sighed, scratching my shoulder. "What have you guys been up to?"

"Well," Jenna began. "I've been trying to think about what to do today, I have no plans for once..."

"Me neither." Josh and I said, and we looked at each other and chuckled.

"I could use some food, to be honest..." I laughed.

"Me too." Josh rubbed his stomach. "Actually, Izabella, I was gonna ask..."

"Yeah?"

"Do you, maybe, wanna..." He bit his lip but looked nervous. "I don't know, do you think you'd wanna go on a date with me later..?"

My cheeks heated up and I nodded without any question. "Gladly, Josh."

He was blushing now, until we both realized Jenna was still in the room.

"Goals." She squealed and ran away.

///

"I don't know what to wear..." I groaned, staring at Jenna's guest closet filled with my black clothes.

"I may have something you could borrow?"