A New World, A New Start

Start from the beginning

When he had stopped, I had resumed my upright position, and he spoke softly, "Are you alright?" 

I had adverted my eyes knowing that I did not have it in me to lie again. It had only been a few minutes, and I was not able to keep my composure in front of the person who had saved me, what did that make me? A Coward?

He had cleared his throat, and I closed my eyes once more so that I would be able to keep somewhat composed, "Anyway," my eyes opened as he dismissed the topic, "I will be buying the essentials for you, and to answer your question, Hogwarts has similar, but different curriculum, and your Beauxbatons books are in French."

I blinked, "I actually forgot that those books are in a different language."

"You are very good at English for being in a school in France."

I wordlessly nodded as we began walking through the streets, "My orphanage is run by an English woman who married a French man, and I had somehow convinced her to teach me. I think she just wanted someone to speak English with."

~~~~~~~~

We walked with many books floating in front of us. Why were they floating? Well, I didn't want to carry them, and I didn't want Dumbledore (I found out his last name while we went into the shops, he is very famous apparently) to have to carry my books. 

"Didn't you say that Miss Dubois broke your wand?" Speaking of Dumbledore, he seemed to be astounded that I was able to do this magic.

"I did." There was no point to me lying, so why try to cover it up? "It hadn't been the first time either, and the floating charm isn't necessarily the hardest charm to do, I only messed it up that day because I was suddenly forced to do the charm without a wand, and I hadn't had the chance to try it alone beforehand."

My companion spoke in wonder, "So, you're doing all this without a wand?"

I kept my eyes trained on the books, I didn't want to drop them by accident, "It wouldn't be the first time." I held my left hand palm up as a mediator for the magic to understand what I had wanted it to do.

"I see. . . well, the only thing we have left to get then is a wand, then," Dumbledore spoke as we continued to walk onwards.

I glanced over to him, "You don't have to do that, you've already done so much for me," I spoke softly, nodding my head over towards the floating stacks of books. "Wands are much more expensive than most of these books, and my allowance from the orphanage should be coming in soon, I almost have - "

"Miss Elaine, we've spoken about this all day, you may not need a wand as much as the other students, but they - along with the rest of the staff - will be expecting you to have a wand on you."

"But!" I turned to face him, unknowingly dropping my hands. His eyes widened as he looked behind me, and I froze. I had dropped all thought about the charm I had placed upon my books, but as I had turned to try to catch them, I realized that my magic hadn't wavered at all. There, all six books - potions, defense against the dark arts, herbology, charms, transfiguration, and muggle studies - plus the required quills and parchment, and an owl (her name is Louise) sat undisturbed in the air.

I slowly walked over to the pile and took ahold of the bottom book - herbology - and guided it to where Dumbledore stood, not once taking the charm off, "Why didn't it fall?"

Bewilderment had crossed the headmaster's face, "You-you don't know?"

"Nope."

He shook his head, "Well, this year will definitely be interesting. Either way, you still need a wand."

Knowing that I couldn't argue any further, I allowed him to steer me to the wand shop.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, here we are - Ollivander's Wand Shop."

I had glanced over towards Dumbledore, "Alright?"

"All you have to do is go in, take your stuff with you, I need to do something. I will be back, good luck."

I watched him melt into the crowd before I had turned to the closed door. My things were still floating, so I carefully let go and watched them as I turned the handle to the door, "Excuse me."

I stepped in backwards while moving my hands towards me in a waving motion, trying to coax the materials into the door. I had just gotten the materials through the door and closed the door when I heard a crashing - which caught me way off guard, causing me to drop my things, only having enough time to catch Louise's cage. The rest of my things lay scattered across the floor.

"Crap." I muttered under my breath as I quickly dropped to the ground, trying to gather my things.

"Oh?" I paused looking over to where a man stood. "A customer, perhaps?"

I was quick to get back to my feet, "U-um, y-yes!" I had placed Louise back on the ground, so my hands were open. I quickly threw them behind my back, glancing to the scattered materials. I discreetly moved my hand in a sweeping motion and hoping that I had sort to piled my stuff neatly.

"Hello, I am Ollivander, the wand maker!"

I smiled, "Hello, Mr. Ollivander. My name is Elaine, and my last wand had been snapped by a previous classmate, so I was wondering if I could get another?"

The wand maker had given me a sympathetic look, loosing a wand was always hard for a wizard or witch, and it was always a struggle to find another after, for the wands know subconsciously whether that a person had broken many before, and unfortunately for me, I had gone through quite a few. "May I ask, Miss Elaine, how many times have you broken a wand?"

"Me, myself? Or how many of mine have been broken by other people?"

An even sadder look passed over the wand maker's features, "That many?"

"None of the wands that I had were broken by me. . . I was picked on, and someone from the group that didn't like me would always take ahold of my wand and snap it in front of me as I struggled to take it back."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello! 

I thought that I should mention that I am unfortunately only familiar with the movie contents of the Harry Potter series. I just want to go to a book store and get the series so that I can read them!

SO! If there are some inaccuracies that I make that I do not intentionally make (I will tell you), then please let me know!