'18' Hey, Mr. President... {Part One End}

Start from the beginning

"Dominic! I gotta answer the door."

"Mmhm," Was the only answer I got. He nuzzled his face in my neck and wouldn't let go. I loved the feeling but he was tickling me.

"Dominic! Stop it! I'm ticklish." That was the wrong thing to say, as soon as I told him I was ticklish he looked up at me with a devilish glint in his eyes.

"You're what?" He asked smiling, rolling so he was on top of me.

"I'm ticklish." He nodded and started tickling my sides.

DING DONG

He groaned and rolled off of me so I took that chance to get out of the bed and answer the door. We hadn't had sex last night, in fact I fell asleep on the couch at around 12 and he had to carry me up to the bed.

DING DONG

"I'm coming!" I yelled down the hall. It was when I got to the door that I realized what I was wearing. A Spongebob tank top and a pair of boy shorts. Not something that I think is appropriate to answer the door to but hey that's what they get for waking me up so damn early.

I opened the door and froze. The person behind the door looked me up and down frowning.

"Zane, what are you doing here?" He looked up at my face and smiled slightly but I could see just how tired he was. He looked as if he'd been up all night, going through hell.

"Matt didn't tell you I was coming back?" He frowned.

"No, I mean yea he did but I didn't think you'd be back so soon." Well this isn't awkward at all. Note the sarcasm.

"Yea, I'm done. Home for good, now." I nodded, not believing. That's what he said before and then he had to go back. I would not get my hopes up.

"That's great! Have you seen your mom?" He shook his head.

"No I wanted to come see you first. You have no clue how much I missed you." His hand cupped my cheek and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. I feel like a total slut right now. But we weren't together so why? I don't even know how I feel about Zane anymore. If he hadn't left we'd still be together, no doubt, but now I don't how what to do or feel.

"Hey, shh. Don't cry, please." He wrapped me in his arms and walked me into the house closing the door with his foot. I hiccuped and clung to him tighter.

"Kat, who was at the door?" I pulled out of Zane's embrace in time to see Dominic glaring daggers at him, but his face softened when he saw me. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

I just shook my head. "No I'm not okay. I don't' know what to do! I feel like a god damn slut!"

They both flinched when I yelled and neither made a move to comfort me, for which I was grateful. I didn't want to be comforted, I wanted everything to be back to the way it was before all of this happened. But it couldn't be that way, I'm stuck with this.

DING DONG

"Oh for god's sake!" I walked past the two guys in my living room and to the door. When I opened it I frowned. A guy who looked a couple years older than me stood there looking very uncomfortable.

"Well you might as well come in too!" The guy looked completely shocked and I sighed. "Sorry, its not like its your fault."

"I'm looking for Katalina Daniels."

"That's me." The guy smiled and I was even more confused than before.

"My name is Sean and I'm here because the vice president would like to speak with you."

"Wait, what? Why?"

"He wants to apologize for not being a part of your life sooner." A new voice answered for him.

I blinked and looked behind Sean. Standing behind him, hands clasping and unclasping was the guy from the picture. He had aged, of course, but that was about the only thing that had changed.

"What?" Holy shit crackers.

"I'm your father. Well, no. Biologically I am your father, but I don't deserve to call myself one. I apologize for not being in your life before but I thought it was for the best. I thought it would be better, safer for you and your mother if I left. Not many people like me that well."

That was true, most people thought the vice president was a stuck up asshole. People thought he didn't care about anyone else's well being but his own, but it wasn't true. If they would have payed attention they'd see that he had donated to more charities than the president himself. He'd actually got off his ass and helped rebuild homes and many other things that people just seemed to over look.

"You're my dad?" He nodded. "Then why did some other guy come here saying he was?"

"I payed him to. Like I said I thought it would be better if you stayed out of my life, but I realize it was wrong. I've never felt so bad about anything before. Your mother would hate me for it. I should have told you sooner, I know that. But I guess I was just afraid, I am so sorry. I wish I could apologize to your mother, as well, but-"

He stopped talking, shocked. I had walked over to him and hugged him. I was upset, yes, but I don't think I could blame him. He did what he thought was the right thing at the time. I didn't care that he'd sent Matt and Zane's dad to pretend to be him, it just didn't matter right now.

What mattered was that I found my dad.

~

"So why did you leave?" Richard and I were sitting in my kitchen eating cereal, well I was. I had pretty much kicked Dominic and Zane out of the house, neither of them were happy about it either. I have a feeling I'll get an ear full later.

"I thought it would be better for you and your mother. I was being threatened and I didn't want my family to get hurt."

"Ok, but I still don't understand why you sent Matt and Zane's dad to pretend to be my dad."

"Matt and Zane? I'm assuming one of them is your boyfriend? That Irish fellow?" He sounded like my dad whenever I tell him I have a date, but it just seemed natural. I wanted to tell him he wasn't my father but I couldn't bring myself to say the words.

"No, that would be Dominic. Zane is my ex, he just came back from-" I stopped talking, it was too hard to think about them both right now. I think I need a vacation.

He smiled. "You don't have to tell me. I understand if you are still apprehensive."

I frowned. "No its not that, well maybe a little. Its just hard to talk about Zane and the past. Sometimes I just don't want to remember and others it feels like I have to. Like I owe him that much, you know?"

"Yes, I understand. I feel like that everyday." He cleared his throat. "I know you may not want me to be a big part in your life, but I would like to make up for all those years."

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote.

Sorry if it sucks ass. I had a little more wrote but I didn't cave it right and this is all I could really remember.