Part 17

Khushi completed the work n was in her room studying and buaji was in her room resting.. Garima enters khushis room.
Garima: khushi..
Khushi.: ji amma..
Garima.: khushi tu tour ko jayegi.. Khushi.: amma, par kaise.... buaji.. Garima: me sambhalti hu jiji ko teri khushi jyada important h..
Khushi: amma par tour ka fees bhi to pay karna hoga..
Amma: kal tak me wo adjust karti hu.. thik h..
Khushi: amma par ye sab mujhe bilkul acha nai lag raha.. we are hiding it from buaji.. she if comes to know about it then you know how angry she will be..
Garima: Titliya I too know it, but I want atleast this time you should go n enjoy this tour. You have never gone to any school tour since 5 years.. Khushi: Amma but..
Garima: No khushi.. me 1 bar hi sahi but is bar me jiji se jhoot bolungi meri beti ke lia.. bas mujhe aur kuch nai sochna h abhi.
Garima went out of room with tears in her eyes remember how every time khushi was not able to go for tour or fulfil any if her small wishes as garima feared to speak infront of buaji. Khushi was also thinking the same as garima reminded her about the tour.

Flashback

Khushi in 6th std had her trip to a doll museum in the city itself n she had great wish to visit it .She had asked permission from garima which she readly agreed but buaji was the main question here..

Khushi: buaji... wo school se picnic ja rahe h doll museum me... (fearing ) kya me ja sakti hu...
Buaji.: wah ab tuje ghumna h.. ha.. 1 kam kyu nai karti ghumne hi chali ja hamesha ke lia.. par wapas mat ana.. paiso ki barish ho rahi h na..
Khushi: (crying a little ) buaji sirf 100rs hi h fee..
Buaji: ha ji 100rs ped pe ugte h na.. Khud kama fir ja. I will not give even 1 rupee... Khushi cried that day a lot bcoz her 1 more dream is broken... Next day when khushi was coming back from school she saw a girl of about her age was helping her mother in construction of road by passing small amount of construction material... She saw a person who was paying labours their wages... ( this reminds khushi about buajis works to earn if she wants to go for the picnic ) Khushi went to that person..
Khushi: uncle.. uncle.. Person sees a girl calling him..
Person (rough language ) : yes.. what u want..
Khushi: actually I wanted to work here can I do plz..
Person: what?? U n work here.. what will u do.. it's just wastage... u are small.. just go from here.. don't waste my time.. n leave to the place the work is in progress .
Khushi: uncle plzz.. I will do the work u say.. bahut mehnat karungi me.. promise..
Person: thik h.. but u have to do what I say no you will get 30 rs for 1 day.. but u look like you go to school then how will u do..
Khushi: I will do uncle I will do it.. school has holiday to 2 days n rest will take leave..
Person: but there is not much work left only 4 day work is remaining.. Khushi ; no problem uncle I will do it.. From next day khushi whet there for work.. it was too hard for the little hands to do such heavy work of passing the materials n cleaning the place that too in the hot sun. But she did it just to try to fulfil her dream.. Khushi was thankful that the area of work was far from her area otherwise people would have recognize her.. as she had not told her amma about it.. otherwise she would have never allowed it.. The work too painful for her body to carry out but she did it.. yes khushi did it... Likewise 4 days were completed no khushi had rs120 with her ..she was too happy as now she can go for picnic.. she kept the money in her compass box so that she can submit it to her teacher today was the last date for giving names for it.. But was luck in her side.... it was a BIG NOOOO!!! The bag was kept in living room as khushi was having her breakfast before going to school.. But by mistake buaji bumped with the sofa which lead to falling of khushis bag along with it her compass box which had money.. Hearing the noise khushi came out kitchen just to witness a full angry buaji looking at the wide open compass wide open n money out of it... Buaji clutched khushis hand tightly in shouted
Buaji: Kalmuhi.. chori ki tune .. mere paise chori ki ha... himmat kaisi hui teri... chor kahiki...
Khushi: nai buaji.. maine chori nai ki.. DM ki kasam ..
Buaji: jhooti kasam khati h.. chori nai ki to kaha se aye ye paise...
Khushi: buaji wo maine ... maine kamaye h... kam.... kam karke...
Buaji: (slapped khushi ) 1 to chori karti h uspe jhoot bolti h.. kam karke.. kam karke paise kamaye ha... again slapped her.. Picnic jane mana kiya to chori karne lagi... Khushi was continuously crying...
Garima was not able to do anything other than crying seeing khushi ..as she knows buaji will never listen to her. N if she says something buaji will again hurt khushi more... Buaji heard her friend calling her so she took the money n left house but not before warning garima that khushi will not go to school that day as well as she will not be given any food...

A loud voice of buaji brought back khushi from her past memory...