"Sorry, but I really can't take em off."

"So a write up is worth keeping them on?" Jamie shrugged, "Yup. It can go write the rest of em."

One of the students spoke, "She's on a roll, Mr. Nelson. She got written up earlier today for the same thing," he laughed. "This is great. I didn't think you had it in you, Jamie."

    "Darius," Mr. Nelson snapped. "Be quiet before I write you up as well." Darius groaned as he sank in his seat. Bringing his attention back to Jamie, he rolled his eyes. "Jamie. Glasses. Off. Now."

    "Mr. Nelson. I. Said. No." She calmly replied. "Now, if you wanna write me up, go ahead. I could care less. Just leave me alone and teach."

    The oohs that filled the room only infuriated him. Sure, this could occur outside of these walls but in this setting, he was the superior and he would not be the recipient of her disrespect. "You want that pink slip? Well, you got it."

    Her reaction was still one of a person completely unfazed by the threats. She was quiet, staring back at him. At least he assumed she was. He slowly walked over to her and before she could process what he was about to do, he'd done it. He snatched the oversized shades off her face.

    "Daaaaaang!" A student erupted. "What happened to you?"

    Mr. Nelson, took a few steps back, instantly regretting what he had done. "You couldn't just write me up like the rest of them?" Jamie mumbled as she grabbed her backpack. "Thanks," she muttered as she walked around him, heading out the classroom.

⏭⏭⏭

    Jamie stood in the mirror, in her bedroom, examining the damage. The swelling around her eye was subsiding, but the bruising appeared to worsen. "Guess the after effects are always worse."

    Jamie's cellphone rang. She darted across the room already knowing who it could be. "Yoooo..."

    "I'm at the door. I brought Chinese!"

    Jamie sat at the head of the bed, while Henry laid across the foot of it. "I still can't believe that happened."

    "It's whatever," she shrugged. "Maybe it had to happen for her to put him out."

    "Nah, bitch, fuck that. Look at your face," Henry chimed. "It shouldn't have taken all that to happen for her to get it. That nigga was never gonna change from the jump. She's good though, right?"

    "She was blinded by love, I suppose. And yes, she's fine. I'm not gonna hold it against her. I'm just glad I was there to stop it."

"I guess," Henry rolled his eyes as he munched on a piece of shrimp. "Then you're over here running outta class and shit," Henry turned his head in her direction. "Yeah, I know. One of your classmates came up to me asking questions about your eye."

"And?"

"And what? You know I ain't tell your business. I'm not one of those queens. I keep the tea to myself."

"Thanks, Henry."

"Anytime, love," he smiled. "This is just crazy though. I expected to come here to talk about your weekend and instead I gotta see you like this."