~Chapter 16~ Courtroom Drama

Start from the beginning

She raised her brow at me and I looked down "Hmm... anything else?"

"uncle called.... He was asking for you that where are you and everything... now-a-days uncle is behaving strange Nandini." She said and bite her own lips. Who knows better than me that Dad actually calls me in every hour to know where I am. In last whole week I didn't even met Manik dhang se. We either met just for a coffee because he was busy in meeting lawyer and I was being kept under watch.

I sighed and nodded "I'll talk to him. anything else." She shook her head and said "nothing as of now...."

I nodded and returned the file to her back.

Picking up my bag, I check my phone. It showed 5:00 already. Unlocking it I saw so many messages and calls from Dad and Manik.

I checked Dad's messages saying when will I come back, where am I, with whom I am and so on.

Then I opened Manik's messages. He was asking if today we could meet and have dinner at flat. In between all this, I feel so lonely. We don't get time only. So many hurdles are there. I closed the messages and rested my back to the chair.

Just then the phone rang. Picking it up I put it on my ears.

"Hello..."

"Nandini... where are you? After even reading messages you are not replying to me? What happened? Did I do..."

"Manik.... I am tired... we will meet at the flat. I will come don't worry." I said stopping him in between.

"you want me to pick you up?" he asked.

"No... I'll come. Don't worry." I sighed heavily, and I heard him sighing too.

"Nandini... I miss you... I miss us...." He said and I closed my eyes again.

"I miss you too Manik." I said.

"itna sab ho raha hai and we are not even getting proper time. And I have something to tell you today. Plus, someone is coming to meet. So you better be here on time. Okay? And your highness I am cooking the food too..." I smiled on his lines.

"Thanks Manik. I love you...." I smiled and I can feel the glow on my face.

"I love you too. Now cheer up. I need you to smile so that even I can smile." That made me grin like crazy.

"I'll see you soon. Bye." I said and cut the call.

Sighing deeply, I picked up the bag and walked out.

"I am going. take care of office... hmm? And if Dad calls... tell him to call me okay?" I said to Vishakha while she kept nodding her head. I bid bye to her and settled in my car to reach my man.

I turned on the radio and was humming the song while driving on the roads. Suddenly my eyes darted at a crowd hovering at the end of the road. I narrowed my eyes and stopped the car in corner to see why there was so many people.

As I walked there, people were kneeling down and was seeing something. I almost pushed everyone and what I saw next was enough to make me go all shocked.

"Aunty...." I almost yelled and her eyes darted at me.

It was Manik's Mom almost laying down on the road holding her one hand. It was like she met with an accident.

"hatiye... I know her... let me go in..." I hurriedly went and kneeled down in front of her.

"Aunty... don't worry I won't let anything happen. Come... I'll take you to the doctor." I said and I made her stand. I examined her closely. She wasn't really hurt much. It was like she might have slipped. I glanced at her bag and she was holding too many of bags. I sighed.