seventeen

*chapter seventeen;

"You actually picked up! Hiii, Harry," Harry's phone plays Nick's voice through the speakers. "I was wondering, if you'd want to go out tonight, or something."

"Sorry, Nick. I'm going out with Louis."

"You've been going out with Louis every night for the past week!" Nick says, and it's certainly true. 

Since the first date, Harry and Louis have practically been attached at the hip (besides for when Harry has school) and they have gone to different places every night. 

Harry is most definitely going to ask Louis to be his boyfriend tonight, that's for certain. They are going to a concert of a local band whom neither of them have heard of (or so Louis thinks), just for the fun of it. 

Truth be told, Harry's old friend in Cheshire has a band—White Eskimo, in which Harry was the singer to, until he moved—and they're going to be playing a reunion show tonight. (Which, Harry knows probably no one will show up to, because, who in Doncaster has ever heard of White Eskimo?)

But, Harry's going to be singing, and he's going to be (hopefully) serenading Louis at the end of the concert. And (hopefully) the two will be a couple by the end of the night. 

Harry's ripped out of his thoughts by Nick, whom Harry had forgotten was on the phone.

"Just one night, Harry."

"Not tonight, Nick."

"Why not?"

Harry hangs up, because Nick was just a little too nosy sometimes. (Okay, a lot too nosy all the time.) 

His phone begins to ring again, and, Harry being the kind person he is, can't ignore it.

"Hi, you accidentally hung up on me—"

"It wasn't an accident."

"Oh, well, um."

"Yeah, sorry."

Harry hangs up again, feeling kind of bad for the boy on the other end of the line. But, he'd much rather spend his night singing with his old mates and asking Louis out than being somewhere, pretending to be happy with Nick. 

"Have you felt anything today?" Jay asks Louis as he walks past her to take a shower. He needs to be clean for his date with Harry tonight. Due to how many dates Louis had been having with Harry over the past few days, there was excessive showering going on. 

"No." Louis frowns, because, so far, his medication hasn't worked at all. 

It's a bummer, really. Louis was—and is—really hoping it would kick in and he'd be able to do normal people things, like play football and take hot showers. For now, he's just stuck turning the shower dial to the indicated marking his mother placed so that he doesn't burn up or turn into an ice-cube while he showers. 

After he's finished, Louis goes into his room and puts on his a pair of burgundy skinny jeans and a black t-shirt (he has a lot of those) and searches around the room for his contacts. He can't find them, so he resorts to asking his mother so she can us her motherly super powers that will magically make the contacts appear. 

"Mum, do you know where my contacts are?"

"Weren't they getting old, dear? I threw them away, I was going to get you new ones tomorrow."

"Mum..," Louis whines, because now he has to wear his glasses, and Harry's never seen him in his glasses. Louis isn't even sure of Harry knows he has glasses. "I have a date with Harry tonight!"