Chapter 30: Light 'Em Up .

I woke up to the sound of rummaging. I blinked several times to adjust to this bright light reflecting off the mirror. 

"Patrick? Honey, what are you doing?" Patrick's eyes looked into mine, but they didn't look like Patrick's. They were darker than his usual tone and his face looked awful. He usually wasn't that tired and sad looking. He looked at me with these cold eyes. 

"Patrick?" He cupped a hand over my mouth quickly and gripped my cheeks. 

"Don't you worry about it, Hayley." He smiled wickedly and went into the bathroom. It took every bit of strength in my body not to bust open the door and watch him closely. Pete had told me about his anorexia and I have been on top of it, but I feel like something here is wrong.. It doesn't feel right. Soon enough, the morning sun poked up and peeked through the blinds. Patrick came out a half an hour later to meet me in the kitchen. 

"Hi, lovely." he kissed my cheek and I smiled nervously. "Something the matter?" 

"Patrick, what were you doing in the bathroom this morning." it came out more worried than it should've.

"Nothing, why?" 

"I'm just worried, babe." he smiled and went upstairs to get Indy. Bronx and Indy were supposed to have a little play date thing while Patrick and I hung out with Meg and Pete. Speaking of, I should call Meagan and ask what time. 

"Hey, Meagan! What time are you thinking today?"

"Hmm. Noon? Is that cool? We have a lot to tell you!" she giggled a little towards the end. 

"Oh god no, not another baby." 

"NO." Was her response, a sudden seriousness trailing through the speaker. 

"Okay, okay, see you then." I laughed and hung up. 

*--*

Patrick and I got Indy in the car. She was in such a good mood. Patrick and I hopped in and drove to the park to meet Bronx and Pete playing soccer while Meagan got toys and the stroller and stuff out. 

"Hey lovely!" Meagan yelled and wrapped me in a tight hug. 

"Hello there! Where's Riley?" 

"Well, she moved in with her boyfriend and his parents."

"Oh my god! Are you upset?" 

"A little. But it makes her happy so I guess i'll have to suck it up." She smiled.

Patrick and Pete walked off while Bronx and Indy played on the swings and Meg and I talked.