CHAPTER 12: "I was terrified"

Upon waking the next day we'd all begun to do things as if this never all happened

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Upon waking the next day we'd all begun to do things as if this never all happened. I sat at the piano smiling as I wrote a dash of notes across the paper and as I let my fingers dance over the music notes. Strand walked up putting a drink in front of me. Letting the drink enter my mouth I raised an eyebrow glancing at him. "I want you to quit drinking." Strand came out with it quickly. I raised a sceptical eyebrow letting the rest of the water fill my mouth, drain down my throat.

"Why? I'm not bad." I tried but he only shook his head.

"I've watched you carefully for months now and every time of the day you're always drinking. It's not healthy and as much as I enjoy a fine scotch I don't enjoy it every five minutes." Strand pointed out making me turn away from him. I didn't want to be hearing this. It wasn't like I was endangering anyone.

"Trust me; I'm better off a drunk than sober." I sighed out sternly.

"I'm not ignorant to it Kali, but somethings scaring the hell out of you. You have to tell someone before you lose your mind. You're not brave or exceptionally good at surviving but you scrape by only just enough. Find someone to confide in. You can keep drinking yourself into a stupor in hopes it'll stop haunting you. I know what it's like trust me, when all you wanna do is give up, but you can't. I believe you didn't come this far just to die Kali." Strand commented keeping his eyes on me. Turning to him I really wanted to believe he had my best interests at heart but it was hard to when every time he'd made it clear he didn't believe I was going to survive.

"Maybe I'll let you in on my deep dark secret one day. But just give me time." I whispered turning away from him. Maddison rushed into the room moments later as I let my fingers dance leisurely over the keys.

"I need you to keep Strand's scotches coming, he got stabbed. I'll be out for a while." Maddison ordered and I stood up nodding but paused for a short moment.

"You were a guidance councillor right?" I asked softly meeting her gaze and she turned to me confused at my inquiry.

"Yeah, is this important I really gotta go." Maddison commented in a rush and I knew she probably wouldn't say anything I didn't think I already knew.

"No...it's fine, it can wait." I whispered taking the bottle up to the room where Strand was. Once I got in there I saw Alicia and the almost doctor. "How is he?" I asked looking down at him worriedly.

"His heart doesn't have enough blood to pump to his organs." The man informed me with a grave frown. Placing the scotch down on the table I knelt down next to the bed. I'd never admit it but I'd actually grown to care about him and a lot of people I never really thought I would ever care about.

"Should I begin writing my will?" Strand asked with a small smile.

"Maddison will bring you help." The man answered shaking his head as Alicia walked over placing a blanket over him.