Chapter 3 - Sunshine

"Careful, Cally!" I hear Kaleb called after me as I sprinted away, giggling seeing my frustrated brother behind me. My floral dress clung to my legs as I dash threw the sleeping forest. I darted past trees, vaulted over collapsed tree trunks and raced threw the clearings. Kaleb was a few steps behind me and  I knew he was letting me go ahead because I'm sure my ten year old brother could out run a seven year old.

I cut the run short when I came across an opening, and it was truly beautiful. The timber circled the open area, within it was blooming white flowers absorbing the moon's beauty and the sky was littered with stars, each and every one glistening in the night's sky. I turn to see Kaleb admiring the clearing before looking at me, both of us wearing huge grins on our childish faces.

Without a second thought I bolted into the meadow of flowers, spinning and twirling, laughing and giggling. A pair of muscular arms wrapped around my waist and spun, erupting us both into hysterical fits. After playing tag, hide-and-seek and racing, Kaleb and I sprawled out on grass and cherished the view of the stars. A cool and easy breeze swept over us, refreshing our panting bodies.

"Kay," I rasped out.

"Yeah?"

"Do you love someone?" I asked, dazing at the sky.

"I love you, don't I?" He joked, poking my side.

I swatted him off, "You have to love me! I'm your sister, brothers have to love sisters and sisters have to love brother," I state, kneeling next to my brother's lying form.

"That's right, Cal,"

"Do you love someone?" I repeat, almost excited.

"There are only two people who I will ever love truly," He props himself onto his elbows, keeping his gaze on the stars.

"Who? Tell me, please!" I shake his shoulders hoping that would somehow get the information out of him though I knew he'd tell me anyway. We never kept secrets.

"Well," He lifts one hand and raises one finger, "You, because you will forever be my number one girl and I will always love you," He ruffles my hair earning a pout, "And my mate,"

"What's a mate?"

"A mate is someone who's made for you, like a soul mate, your other half. You can't live without them and they can't live without you. Basically it's true love at first sight, the second your eyes connect," He clicked his fingers, "You're in love. Nothing else matters but them,"

"I don't want you to meet your mate, Kay,"

He looked at me with a confused and hurt look, "Why not?"

"Because I want to matter to you too," My voice breaks. The thought of another women who took all of my brother's love and attention away frightened me. I didn't want to be alone.

I felt arms go around me as I pulled into Kaleb's chest as he rocked me, whispering soothing words. "You'll always matter to me, Cally. Mate or not you come first, always," 

A spasm of pain shot up my leg making me cry out, pressing myself closer into the wall.

"Don't move," A husky and rasped voice ordered. I glimpse up to see the blue eyed man inspecting my damaged leg. Even though the cell was dark I could make out he was very muscular, more than my brother and Cole, and he had to be at least 6'3. His hair was a light shade of brown from what I could make out and I was already familiar with his stunning eyes. He was a handsome man, however he looked more deadly. With that thought when I saw his hand outstretch to my leg, I panicked.

"Don't!" I yelled, forcing myself up onto my feet and used the wall for support. A savage growl came from this handsome man but now he was shaking, glaring at me with pitch onyx eyes. My breathe hitched. I just signed my death.

Within two steps his huge figure was towering over me. Power, anger and irritation radiated off him as pure fear swept threw me. In one smooth motion I was staring down his backside as he stalked out of the cell.

I clutched onto his back the whole way, not realising we'd entered a house until I was dropped into a large bed. It was when I saw his taking his shirt off, exposing his incredibly toned body, did I go into full panic.

I pushed myself off the bed and got ready to make a run for it but my leg gave out and I landed on the ground. I groaned as the throbbing came back with vengeance. It was almost unbearable. I glance at my attacker making his way towards me again. I scramble backwards into the nearest corner, my vision becoming blurred.

"P-Please don't! J-Just stay a-away!" I stutter with a broken voice. I see his obscure figure come towards me and I out stretch my arms in an attempt to warn his off. I hardly know anything about fighting, my brother did all that. Whenever we were in danger he'd come to the rescue and I'd hide until it was over. But he isn't here anymore.

"Stop panicking. I'm trying to help you," Soft skin makes contact with my defensive arms. I flinch as the contact but keep them in their position. I feel a gentle palm caress my damp cheek, thumb whipping the pathetic tears away. The gesture reminded me of Kaleb and tears of lose replaced those of fear. "I'm not going to hurt you, okay? I would never hurt you," His voice was soft, caring.

The next few minuets was spent in silence as I let him tend to my leg. Every time I hissed in pain or flinched, he'd pause and look up at me with concern. It was strange. I should be afraid of me, I should be fighting back but I liked his attention and I liked how he was caring for me. The fear of him hurting me, even killing me, was still there but something else was there, a feeling I couldn't put words to.

"I think it's fractured,"  He commented whilst he wrapped some material around the bruised area. Now and again his skin would touch mine and I'd feel my face flush. I don't even know his name and he can already make me blush. "It'll heal pretty quickly. In the mean time you shouldn't move around too much or you'll mess up the healing," I nodded, not really sure what I'm meant to say to him. It wasn't even an hour ago did I believe my death was just around the corner. It could still be.

I feel an arm go around my back and another under my legs as I'm lifted off the ground. I gasp and automatically wrap my arms around his neck. It's something about me being close to him which I liked. Wasn't I stupidly terrified of this man a few minuets ago?

"What's your name, sunshine?" A light blush sneaks into my cheeks at his sudden nickname. I'm sure he's only trying to be nice, and I kind of liked it.

"Calypso," I whisper as I hide my face in his neck, adoring his scent. I feel my body dip back into the bed and his arms leave me. It felt cold without him so close.

"Calypso," He repeats in his husky voice, making me blush harder, "My name is Kaiden and I'm the new Alpha of this pack," He smirked down at me, flashing his perfect teeth. "Or your mate if you prefer," He chuckles at himself.  

Mate. I remember my brother telling me what they were. Your one true love, the one made for you, the one you can't live without. The only one that would matter.

"I don't want a mate,"

--------------------------------------------------------------

I swear this chapter got emotional. Just me? Okay.

I tried to make this chapter longer because my first two aren't even a page so I thought I'd write more. I hope it was worth it because this took my whole day!

What do you think? Please leave a comment and vote!

You guys are amazing and I love you all!!!