028

text message between jeff and violet

jeffy
hey violet

violet
hi jeff

jeffy
can we meet up somewhere? i
haven't seen you in a while.

violet
yeah sure, monets @2 ?

jeffy
sure, see you then :)

++

i waited in monets for jeff to come. i haven't seen him in a while so i was pretty nervous. "hey" i hear someone say and i look up to see jeff standing in front of me. "hi" i say and he sits down.

"so how have you been?" He asks with a little smile. "I've been good. you?" I say. "I'm not so good at the moment" he says. "why?" i ask. "madison and I broke up. I found out that she was cheating on me" he says. "oh my gosh jeff I'm sorry" i say and put my hand on top of his. "yeah well i kind of already knew that she was so yeah" he says and looks over to the front counter. "hey I'm going to get us some drinks" he says and I nod.

i go on my phone and wait for him to come back. "okay one latte with extra whipped cream for the pretty lady" jeff says and hands me my drink. "aw thanks jeff" i say and take a sip. "so your birthday's coming up" he says and i nod.

"Yeah, I'm probably going to go visit my aunt in new york for my birthday" I say. "ohh okay. pretty lady already has plans I see." he says and I laugh. "yeah she wanted me to come so-- oh wait, i have an extra ticket because I was going to take Hannah but she has to help her mom with their pharmacy thing. Maybe....you would want to come? i mean you don't have to if you don't want to i--" i say but he cuts me off, "vi, i would love to" he says and I smile.

"okay well we leave in 2 days at 9:30 am. I'll pick you up at probably around 7:00." i say and he nods. "well I should go, jess and Hannah want go out for my birthday tonight since I'm leaving." I say and stand up. "okay well have fun!" he says and hugs me. "I will, bye jeff" i say and grab my purse. "bye vi" he says and I walk out of the cafe.

𝐌𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇