Daydream Princess - A Walking Dead/Daryl Dixon Fanfiction.

⠀ ⠀ ⠀Daydream Princess.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Chapter One.

Beautiful. She was beautiful.
Soft. Her skin was soft.
Petite. She was petite.
Curvy. Woah, she certainly was curvy.
Perfect. That was the proper definition of his princess.
These...dreams...happened only a year or two before the outbreak of the infection. Merle was the only one who knew of these dreams, though, you could imagine his reaction; "What the fuck?!" He laughed at his little brother, "They'd think you were on the drugs!"
Daryl had the image of her imprinted in his brain, soft brown, with a hint of red, hair. He imagined running his hands through her locks of hair as he held her in his arms. Her eyes were hazel-ish, he imagined them pair eyes looking at him as she whispered 'I love you' to him.
There was another thing that stood out, scars. The had a lot of scars. They didn't look like self-harm scars, though.
Right at that moment, he thought about holding her closely in his arms while they laid in his bunk at the prison. He visioned her in her skinny jeans, a tank top and his jacket, the one with the wings on it. Even though it was big on her, it showed the world she was his. He ran his hands down her back as he kissed the top of her head.
"Daryl, hey!" Suddenly, Rick was clicking his hands in front of face and he snapped out of his daydream. He looked around and realised he was sat on the table in the prison with his crossbow in hand. He looked at Rick and nodded,"We need you to go on a run, here's a list." Rick handed him the crumpled piece of paper and he looked down at it. The list read;
Baby formula.
Canned food.
Drinks.
Medicine.
Condoms.

He creased at the last thing on the list as he looked up at Glenn and Maggie who's hands were all over each other. In a way, he was jealous. Jealous that he couldn't have that with someone. He got himself off the table and pulled his jacket on before heading out of the prison and getting on his motor bike.
___________________________________________________________________________

"Ugh, shit." He swore to himself as he pushed past the branches, he was heading towards a shed, of some sort, hoping they had something in there. The got to the door and slowly opened it, not wanting any walkers to get him. He let out a sigh of relief as there was nothing. He headed in, his crossbow up just in case as he wondered around. Nothing. He headed in to an open area kitchen of some sort and checked the cupboards. "Yeah, bingo." He smiled to himself as he found baby formula and some food. He pulled his bag of his back and opened it to stuff it with the formula and cans.
He heard a noise and looked towards the hallway before pulling the bag back on him and raising his crossbow. He looked back up to find a walker and he quickly shot it before pulling the bolt out of it and restocking his crossbow. As he left the building he realised that he couldn't go any further as he knew the motorbike wasn't fuelled up enough.
"Ah! Ow!" He heard a small scream, a female scream. He shook his head and continued his walking towards the bike. They couldn't take anymore in at the prison, could they?
"Please...someone..." It sounded like a struggle, had she fallen?! He stopped dead in his tracks and looked around to see where this female was.
"Ah!" The same scream, except louder. It was coming from somewhere north? He made a run towards it to see a small female trying to push a walker away, he quickly raised his crossbow and shot it in the head. He watched as he fell to the ground. For some reason, he felt like a hero. He looked up at the small woman who was leaning the tree, her leg looked a bit twisted and she was covered in blood. You couldn't really tell what she looked like.
"Thank you." She spoke, struggling slightly. She sounded sweet, cute even. Even with blood covering her, you could see her figure. She certainly had a good figure, like the girl in his daydream. Maybe she'd be someone to screw around with? He dismissed the thought and hung his bow on his back before putting his hand out to her.
"Comin'? Or what?" He spoke, loudly. He look her hand and pulled her slightly before carrying her,"I can take ya' back to my group, they can tend to ya'," he pushed past the branches,"With anyone?" He asked, not even looking down.
She shook her head,"I did, but they left me, at Woodbury."
He stopped,"Woodbury? You know someone called Andrea?" He asked remembering what Andrea had said.
"Don't think so, but she ain't safe there. I wasn't." He could see she put her head down.
"Something about this 'Governor'?" He probably only remembered that.
"He-he used me against my friends, he was certainly a charmer..." You could hear her voice shaking slightly, she sounded familiar.
"What'd he do? Hit ya?" He hated the whole idea of women being hit. He grew up watching his father hit everyone in his family.
"R-raped me, abused me...you name it. I managed to escape by climbing the wall, think I broke my leg during it." She looked up at him, slight tears in her eyes.
"How'd ya survive this far?" He carried on walking towards where he left the bike. She just shrugged,"I've only got my motorbike, so you're going to have to hold on. We're not far."
"Thank you for this." She gave him a small smile before he put her down.
"Don't mention it."
___________________________________________________________________________

"Hey! Daryl's back! He's got someone with him!" Carl shouted at Rick as they opened the gates to let Daryl in. He climbed of the bike and scooped the female up in his arms.
"She's safe, alright? Where's Hershall?" He spoke to Rick as he headed in.
"Our cell block. Did you get anything?" Rick asked as he followed him in.
"Formula and food, that was about it." He sighed as he laid her down on the table for Hershall,"He's gonna fix ya up, alright?"
She nodded before giving him a small smile,"Thank you." He pulled his bag and bow off his back and emptied the bag,"No condoms for you, Glenn." Her smirked at Glenn before he shook his head.
"Let's clean you up, shall we?" He heard Maggie say as he settled back on the table and playing with his bow.
"You alright?" He looked up to his left to see Carol standing next to him, he gave her a nod,"Glad you survived." She let out a small giggle before patting him on the back and going off. He then looked over to the other table to see Maggie remove the last bit of blood from her face and he could finally see him.
He just dropped his crossbow when he saw her face, it was her. It was the girl in his dreams. He rubbed his eyes quickly before looking again. She was real. His daydream was real. She was perfect, just like he had imagined. She was petite, just like he had imagined.
"What's your name?" He heard Beth say as she was watching her father tend to her leg.
"Oh, Hannah." She gave me a grin before looking down at Beth. He just couldn't believe his eyes, he really couldn't.