Sophie Lille

"And... Chasse, Fouette, Chasse, and first position. Great job everyone, we will end here for today." My ballet teacher says as she walks over and turns the radio off.

Done with ballet, tap dancing is tomorrow after school, and modern dance class is in a couple days. As you can see, I like dancing. No, I love dancing. Dancing is my passion. You take away my dancing, you take away my life.

"Hey, Sophie!!" My friend, Mabel, calls me over. I walk over to her to see what she wants.

"Are you entering the talent show?" She asks. That's a good thing to be thinking about...

"Yeah, I think so. Are you?" I ask.

"Pfft... me? No way!!" She waves it off.

"What?? Why not??" I ask again.

"I'm not talented like you are..." She explains quietly.

Wow... She's acting really calm today... I've never seen her so calm in my life...

"Aww, don't be like that... of course you are..." I say and wrap my arms around her.

She gasps, and I pull back to see what she's doing. She looks at me with her huge eyes.

"Sophie!! Do you want to build a snowman??" She asks excitedly. I chuckle.

"Mabel... it's summer... there is no snow..." I say, then laugh. 

She gasps again. Everyone around us looks at her like she's crazy. Well, she is crazy... and that's just how I like her.

"I've always dreamed of summer-" She starts.

"Okay Mabel, that's enough." I say, then laugh again.

She grins like a maniac. I walk out of the building with her, then we say our good-bye's as we depart our own ways. I walk home, and walk into the kitchen. 

"I feel like baking something..." I mummer to myself.

"Ooh!! Ooh!! Make chocolate, peanut-butter cookies!! Those are the best..." My little sister, Lucinda, begs. I laugh.

"Okay, okay..." I agree and start baking.

-2 cups all-purpose flour

-1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

-1 tsp baking soda

-1/2 tsp salt

-3/4 cup cold, unsalted butter

-1 cup granulated sugar

-1 cup dark brown sugar

-3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

-2 eggs

-2 tsp vanilla extract

-8-9 ounces dark chocolate chips

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350.

Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking-soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter, and mix. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Slowly add flower mixture, and mix until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft.

Two hours later:

"The cookies are done!!" I yell up the beige carpeted stairs. 

Almost immediately after I said that, I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. My older sister, Lillian, comes running down the stairs, grabs the whole plate of thirty-three cookies, and runs back upstairs to her room.