Growing Friendships

Daniel's P.O.V.

     I wake up and get ready to get to set. I brush my teeth and get dressed while then fixing my hair a bit. Ever since I started working on Harry Potter I've been watching the way I present myself more. I'd never really cared too much on my appearance because I didn't want to come off as narcissistic or full of myself. But after getting the job and meeting everyone I had the urge to fix myself up a bit more. Don't really know why, but it doesn't seem too important to question. I'll just chalk it up to me getting older. I get out of the bathroom and walk down stairs to eat breakfast. I see my mum sorting through a couple of casting files. She hears me coming down the stairs and smiles at me. She passes me a plate of scrambled eggs and two slices of toast. "Eat up, Dan. We leave in 20 minutes, we don't want to be late do we?" I shake my head no. I sit down and make a scrambled egg sandwich. "So how are the other kids treating you?" I look up from my food and swallow before responding. "They treat me fine. They're all really nice to me. We help each other with our homework and everything so sometimes it feels like i'm at school but, you know not as boring." She chuckles a little under her breath. "Ah that is true. Don't tell your father I said that." I smile and continue eating. She goes back to her files and we stay silent. After awhile I finish my food and bring it to the sink. I wash my plate and go to the bathroom to rinse out my mouth. When I get back my mum is finishing packing her folders into her bag. She grabs her keys and we head out to the car to get to set. My dad had already left to go to a meeting. We get to set and get out of the car. As we're walking I see Rupert getting fussed over by his mom. He looks over at me and sends me an embarrassed smile. His mom looks over at us and relaxes a bit before kissing his cheek goodbye and shoving him a bit towards us. She waves before leaving. Rupert watches her leave in her car before turning to face us. "Hi, Dan. Hello Mrs. Radcliffe." She smiles at him before shoving me towards him. I look at her weirdly before I realize I should probably introduce them properly. "Oh uh mum. This is Rupert, Rupert this is my mum." I beat my fingers against my legs as I wait for whatever happens after you introduce your friend to your mum. Do they nod, hug, shake each others hands? My mum puts her hand out to shake and Rupert reciprocates. "Pleased to meet you Rupert. I see you have made friends with Dan. You seem like a fine young man and I hope you can help Dan be more sociable with other people." I blush and look down. Rupert puts his hands back into his pockets. "Thank you Mrs. Radcliffe. I'll be sure to help bring Dan out of his shell." She seems relieved and kisses my cheek as she leaves to go through more of her cases. Her car leaves and Rupert and I continue on our walk to set. "Sorry about my mum she cares about me being more social. She wants me to be a high functioning member of society." He nudges my shoulder. "It's okay my mum fusses over me too. Also don't worry I won't actually force you to be social and out and about with people. Though I will try to get you to talk more and be less quiet." "Don't know how well that'll turn out but I will try." He nudges me my shoulder again with his and we keep on walking. We reach the Dursley's house set and see the other kids. We don't have any specific seating labels with each other but we do sit the same way almost everyday. Oliver, James, and Rupert sit on one side of the table. Bonnie sits in between them on the days she's with us since she has other auditions to get to. On the other side we have Alfred, Devon, Matthew, and Harry. On the other table we have connecting to the Dursley dinner table we have Jamie, Josh, Emma, Tom and me. The connecting table is round so it fits us fine and we can see everyone. We sit this way almost everyday unless someone can't make it because of an audition or someone just switches seats with the person next to them. Everyone is already here except or Bonnie and Tom. Rupert sits next to Oliver and I sit next to Emma. Emma, as always, smiles as we sit down and greet each other. "Bonnie won't be here today. She told me she had an audition today." We all nod and the 'Weasley's' spread out more with the space they have. Everyone looks up as there is a door being opened revealing a slightly huffing Tom Felton. He looks worried for a bit before he spots us and exhales what I assume a breath of relief. He pushes his left hand through his hair before walking over to us. He sits next to me and says hi to everybody. "So what was that about?" Alfred asks him. Tom looks at him "Well you see my mum forgot my sister had basketball practice today and that I had to come here around the same time. So we dropped off my sister at her practice with my dad and drove here quickly. I didn't want to be late again because the last time that happened I had to have a whole conversation with the head of security and that wasn't fun. So I ran here as soon as the car stopped and that brings us up to now." Tom's face flushes a slight pink from embarrassment. Oliver snickers "Oh good job, mate." Tom laughs with him "I know, right? Completely forgetting that I have things to do. Honestly though I'm glad I didn't have to talk with the head of security again. That was embarrassing enough the first time." Wonder what happened the first time. Seems like Emma is wondering the same thing since she asks him about it. Tom is definitely blushing now and he stammers out his reply "W-Well I don't want to say, so I'm not going to. Can't give you all too much blackmail material so soon, now can I?" "You could," James adds in. "But I won't." Josh pats James shoulder from beside him. "It was a good try." We laugh and talk for a few minutes before we're called to get our scripts for the day and to go over them with each other. Today's part of the script we were going over was the part where we all meet on the Hogwarts Express. I didn't like the idea that Tom and I would be enemies. But I guess it's not really Tom and I but, Harry and Draco. We each go over our own lines a bunch of times. Then we start going back and forth a couple of times with each other. Chris and everyone else had to remind Emma not to mouth everyone else's lines. We took a break for lunch and then got back to going over lines. Soon we had memorized our lines. Josh and Jamie had it the easiest since they don't actually have any lines beside looking mean and grunting from time to time. We are sent to our dressing rooms to change. I hope the pants don't fall down anymore. I put on my, over sized but not falling off me, clothes on and meet everybody on the set to get ready to start filming.

*I'm so sorry I didn't update within the time frame of a month. I procrastinate lot but hope to get a chapter done before a month has passed. Sadly I started writing the day before I had to upload at the latest and took a nap that turned out to take 6 hours in the middle of it. Then there was a party that I dreaded that according to my mom constituted a whole day to get ready for then I passed out since I got home at 4 AM. Woke up for a bit then proceeded to sleep for another couple of hours. I am so sorry hopefully when school starts and I can talk to my one friend she can help me with progression of plot for my stories. Anyway that's it. Oh if you ever wonder why all my A/N 's are at the bottom of a chapter it's because I don't want to ruin any immersion that's happening. Though if there's a touchy subject I will probably put the warning at the beginning. Also this chapter is cut in half  well no it's a part one but yeah. Ok Bye!"