41-True Love's Kiss, Well it's Really Hit Or Miss!

Start from the beginning

Seconds went by then a stick like woman dressed in a floor length grey gown scurried into the room, her soft blond hair was tied back in a high ponytail that bounced as she moved. She moved right up to raven and took the platter with the cups and plates away.

“Lazy.” I muttered shaking my head.

Raven glanced down at me pursing his lips, “Jhebret why don’t you take Jevvinii to get something warm for Mila to drink.” He said waving them away.

I dropped my eyes to my lap, his tone was cold as stone. That was never a good thing, he sat down on the edge of the bed next to me. When the doors grinded close behind Jhebret and Jevvinii he let out a heavy breath.

“Tonight Garrett and Jocey will be arriving for the Ball.”

“How long until the ball?” I asked him as I stared at the ceiling.

He let out a breath, “Two weeks now, Guests will be arriving soon… you should be at your dress fitting.” He whispered.

“I’m not dead yet.” I snapped elbowing him in the side, “God, you make it sound like I’m not going to be ok.” I said with a forced smile.

“Do you honestly think this is going to end ok?”

It was my turn to breathe in deeply, “Truthfully… I don’t know.” I turned and looked at him, “We can try our damned hardest to make it end ok.” I said.

He nodded his head and leaned against me resting his head atop of mine, “Jhebret can’t figure out what’s going on. Nobody knows what’s happening to you. All we do know is your body’s destroying itself.” Ravens voice was heavy with anger.

I pressed my right hand over his heart and smiled, “Really, I hadn’t noticed.”

“Mila this isn’t a joke!” He shouted.

“I know Raven, I know.”

He placed his hand over top of mine and took a deep breath, he then flipped over top of me pinning my hands beside my head on the pillows. I stared up at him with narrowed eyes, what was he doing?

“I want to try it.” He murmured looking away from me.

My eyebrows pinched together, “Try what?”

“The kiss.”

Instantly my face heated and I too looked away in the opposite direction, “If you feel you must. It doesn’t work you have to tell Jevvinii.” I countered.

“Mila…” I turned to look up at him and felt his mouth crush to mine.

My hands clenched tightly until my nails dug half-moons into my palms, he eased my lips apart and my pain vanished into nothingness. His hands released my hands and knotted themselves in my hair tugging until I gasped pulling away from the heated kiss. Goddamn… Tinkerbell knew how to make-out.

“If that doesn’t cure me I don’t know what would.” I shuddered.

Raven laughed slowly untangling his hands from my hair to run them quickly through his own short red hair pushing back off his face.

“You know it probably didn’t work right?” He said shutting his eyes.

“Well it was something I made up to help Jevvinii cope, it wasn’t a real solution. Although bonus points for you, you really gave that your all.” I sounded breathless, and I really was that had been different it had been needy.

We both gave a soft laugh before things fell silent and kind of awkward, he had tried his kiss and it hadn’t worked. Which meant it was really my choice, somehow I felt this odd connection to the ball looming over my head.