Chapter 2

Henry's POV

We were outside already and walking the boardwalk.

Today is the day.

I was gonna ask Charlotte to be my girlfriend. We've been friends for a long time and breaking up with Bianca made me see that it's not her I wanna be with. Also, spending this week with her made me realize how much I like her. I was never really sure if it before but...now I know.

And it better go well because I didn't convince Ray that I need the day off for nothing.

As we walked in the entrance I gave her a smile.

"Why do you have that dumb look on your face?" She asked sneering.

"It's not a dumb look!" I exclaimed laughing.

"It's called a smile," I said pointedly at my lips.

She rolled her eyes, "yeah, okay Henry it was a dumb look."

After we paid for our socks, we went straight for the foam pit.

"Ok we're gonna jump in on three!"

"Ok!" Charlotte said with glee shown on her face.

I knew exactly what I was gonna do.

"One..two..," I hurried and jumped over to her trampoline and gave her an unexpected push causing her to let out a small shriek.

"Three!" I yelled as her head surfaced.

"Who has the dumb look on their face now?"
I said as I laughed, but I was laughing so hard I didn't see her get up to push me in.

I was surrounded by foam cubes and it was a bit of a struggle to get up.

She stood above me with her arms crossed.
"Now who has the dumb look in their face?" She asked as I waited below.

"Come on, just help me up." I whined.

"Nuh uh, I wanna hear you say it first." she said with a smirk.

"I have a dumb look on my face, now let me outta here!"

She held a hand up to grab me and I pulled her in.

"Henry Hart!" She yelled throwing a cube at my head.

"Hey!" I exclaimed blocking my face.
We gave each other a knowing look and then we had a full on foam cube war.

She was laughing and I was laughing...we were having a good time honestly.

Just then, one of the staff ladies blew her whistle and told us to get out. Out of breath we both struggled our way out of the pit and went from trampoline to trampoline jumping until we're out of breath.

It was almost time to hit the boardwalk when Charlotte stopped in the bathroom.
I paced back and forth and pushed back my hair.

I was ready to do it, I was gonna ask Charlotte to be my girlfriend.

Charlotte's POV

I grabbed a few paper towels and wiped my pits and pulled out some deodorant from my bag. I was sweaty and nervous.

I looked in the mirror and fixed my hair. Spending time with Henry has been so fun and we still have all of today left! I smiled to myself and walked out the bathroom.

"Ready?" Henry asked, and he held out his hand. My cheeks grew hot as I put his hand in mine.

"So...where are we headed." We we're now on the boardwalk hand in hand.

"I was thinking we could grab some ice cream or-"

"Cotton Candy!" I yelled and pulled him over to the vendor. I looked hungrily at the extra large, sweet fluffy, sugar.

"Okay, okay slow down." He said as he handed the woman a few dollars. We each had our own big cotton candy stick.

"So no fried butter, I'm taking a wild guess

"So no fried butter, I'm taking a wild guess." I asked him smiling.

"No, no fried butter," in a nonchalant way he picked pieces of cotton candy in out them in his mouth.

"But there is this!" He flicked a piece of his cotton candy into my nose.

"Henry," I giggled. I pushed him and he playfully hit me back.

We kept playfully pushing and hitting until I accidentally knocked him into a bike rack.

I stifled in my laughter.

"I am so sorry, I promise you can...push me into something." I said in between laughs as he stumbled getting up. He looked straight at me with a determined look on his face. I was sure he was gonna push me back or something.

Henry grabbed my arm.

Uh oh, I'm in deep doodoo I thought to myself.

"How about I pull you into something." He said in a whisper raising an eyebrow.

He pulled me into a hug and let me tell you, nothing felt better than his arms around me.
After we finished the hug, he put his forehead on mine.

"Charlotte, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. He had stepped back a bit from me at this point giving me some space.

My mind exploded, I didn't know what to feel excited or scared, happy or nervous..wait aren't those the same things? My brain was going a mile a minute and there was nothing to say but..yes.

"Yes, Yes, Yes!" I exclaimed closing the space between us to hug him again.

He smiled a smug smile.

"I'm so glad you said that," he told me.

Then the next thing totally surprised me, he took my head in his hands and he downright kissed me.

I could faint.

I  Charlotte am going steady with Henry.

And let me tell you nothing in the world felt better than this moment.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Let me know if you liked this chapter, by liking this chapter! Thanks for reading!