The Confession

Lacey's POV

"Oh no." I said, staring at the door. Nash's hands were resting on my waist as I turned to him, tears collecting in my eyes. I felt his hands move from my waist to my hands. Suddenly, Summer came walking in the room. "What the heck is going on?" she asked, staring at us sitting on the bed. I realized how close we still were and quickly pulled away "Lacey, don't tell me." she said sternly, staring right at me. She shook her head as she began to almost glare at me. "Go after him." she said. I looked up at her and saw her looking at me sternly. "Now." she added. I quickly stood and left the room.

As I walked out of the room I began to hear Summer yelling at Nash about how much me and Cole have been through and how whatever happened in my room made things much worse. I walked out of the dorm and went to find Cole, all the while, desperately hoping that Summer wasn't right. Even though I knew she was. I ran out of the dormitory building and walked down the walkway. I looked around the close area and found him sitting on a bench just down the road.

I ran over and stood in front of him. He had his head in his hands as he propped his elbows up on his knees. "Cole?" I said, just above a whisper. He didn't respond. He just sat there. I suddenly noticed him shaking gently and faint sniffling. Was he crying? "Hey, babe are you crying?" I asked, feeling tears brimming my eyes. I sat carefully on the edge of the bench next to him, placing my hand on his back. "Please look at me." I whispered to him. He slowly pulled his head up, turning to me.

Our eyes met and I saw the tear stains down his cheeks. At that moment, I heard my heart break. He'll never take me back. How could I do this to him. After we had just fixed us. How could I be so stupid? "I'm sorry. I know that means nothing but I truly am." I said, looking down at then pavement under our feet. "Why?" I heard him say. I looked back up at him as the tears that threatened to fall spilt over and ran down my face.  "Why did you do it? Just tell me what I did wrong. What did I do to deserve this?" he asked, a quiet sob following as more tear fell down his cheeks.

I shook my head, staring into his eyes. "Cole, none of this is your fault. I'm just, I'm so stupid! All of this is my fault. I'm so sorry. I was confused, when Nash kissed me I- I" I stumbled over my words, not knowing what to say. Cole watched my eyes desperately as I thought over what I was about to say. "I felt something. I saw stars. And, I got really confused because I've never felt that for anyone other than you. And I know why I feel it with you. When we kiss, I see stars and when your arms wrap around me, I get shivers and I know that I feel all those things because I'm in love with you. But when it happened with Nash, I didn't know what to feel or what it meant." I said.

By now I was sobbing, I stared at Cole as my eyes searched his face for some sort of sign as to what he was feeling. What he was about to say. "Please say something." I pleaded. as he sat there, speechless. "You're in love with me?" he simply said.

Summer's POV

"Go after him." I said to Lacey, glaring at her. She knew what she had done wrong. And I knew that if she didn't fix this now, she never would be able to. "Now." I added as she looked up at me. She quickly stood up and rushed out of the room. I looked at Nash as he sat on her bed, watching her walk out. "What is wrong with you?!" I shouted at him. He quickly turned to me and opened his mouth as if he were about to speak. I quickly continued speaking before he could say anything. "You have no idea how much those two have been through. I don't know the extent of what happened in here, but whatever you did has ruined them. There is only so much that that relationship can handle at this point, and I'm pretty sure that line has just been crossed." I said.

Nash looked down before looking back at me and standing up. Again, he opened his mouth to speak but I refused to hear any of what he had to say. He was ruining my best friend's relationship. I don't know how much Lacey had to do with what happened between the two of them but Nash is the one who came into her life like a tornado and mixed up everything. "No, I don't wanna hear it. I think you should go." I said, firmly. His eyes widened slightly before he looked down at the white, plush carpet under his feet. "Did you hear me? You need to go." I said. His head came up and our eyes met before I added, "Now."

He quickly left the room. I followed him out of Lacey's bedroom and watched as he left the dorm. "What happened?" John Stephen asked me as I sat down on the couch, putting my head in my hands. I seriously hope Lacey can fix this. Because if not, I don't know what could happen. But whatever it is, I'm not sure any of us are prepared for it.