Part Two

In which Anakin is put in his place, and Ahsoka has to buy a new set of pointe shoes.

Yoda tapped his cane impatiently on the ground, "Ahsoka, where is she? Need her we do, to start beginning stretches," he grumbled irritably.

Mace interjected, "why don't we just start without her? We need to practice as much of the performance as possible, or else we may not learn it in time for the trip to Venice."

"Yes, yes," Yoda replied, "but an exchange student, she is. Teach her, we must."

Suddenly, a young, medium dark skinned girl burst into the room, "My apologies," she jogged up to Yoda, "our plane from South America arrived at twelve o'clock last night, and I unintentionally slept late."

"Fine, that is. But get started, we must. Please, positions along the barre! Your stretches, finished I want them, at twenty minutes after!" Yoda tapped his cane in the ground, signaling for everybody to get started. He began to pace around the room, critiquing everybody's form.

Ahsoka had rushed over to the barre, and started to stretch next to Anakin, "does he normally talk like this?"

"Yes. Now shut up and stretch. If you keep talking to me, I'll untie your pointe shoes," Anakin turned away, and leaned into his stretch.

Obi Wan leaned forward, so Ahsoka could see him, "sorry. What he means to say is: He's Anakin, and I'm Obi Wan, and he doesn't like competition," Obi Wan replied coolly, with a smirk.

"Competition!" Anakin looked offended, "this sixteen year old is anything but competition! If there's anything I'm mad about, it's that Yoda would let somebody so inexperienced join this class!"

Suddenly, Ahsoka's face went a deep red. Her hands balled into fists and began to shake. She lifted her leg off the barre, and, after backing up, pulled it back and kicked Anakin in the face. Hard. So hard you could almost hear the slight crunching sound.

"Ow!" Anakin whined. He lost his balance, and fell back into Obi Wan, who caught him, hands under his armpits. The rest of the class paid them no attention, except for Mace Windu, who gave them an icy glare, and went back to stretching, his leg almost perpendicular to the ground.

Anakin stood up, a hand over his eye. He lifted it off, and it came away bloody. Anakin rolled his eyes, and muttered to himself, "good thing I went on a date last night," he switched legs, and continued stretching, tending to his wound all the while.

As Yoda walked by, he raised his cane, and whacked Anakin on his rear end, "your lesson, I hope you have learned."

"Yes Yoda. Don't insult classmates," he drawled, rolling his one eye that wasn't covered.

"Hmph! Correct that is! Do that again, and, regret it you will! Go to the nurse you must," Yoda smirked playfully, "everybody else, to work, get back now!" And with that Yoda waddled off. Anakin leaving quickly to get a bandage at the nurse, to stop the bleeding from his cut.

*     *      *      *      *

Palpatine, the other school's instructor, was busy critiquing Padmé and Anakin's Pas De Deux, "You see, you are each mirroring the other, so you have to do the same move, in the same way, at the same time. So it's very important, when you do the Grande Jeté, that you do it in sync, does that make sense?"

"Yes," Padmé nodded, glancing over at Anakin.

"So why don't you try again. I know this is a hard move, but you've got a lot of skill--especially you, Anakin, and I know you both can do this," the instructor stepped back, folding his arms, and watched them do it again, guiding carefully.

"Right leg supporting," Palpatine nodded, as Anakin and Padmé did so, in sync, "shift weight forward, lift right leg off the ground," they followed, still in sync, "jump, and extend legs to full split!" The instructor's voice inflection rose, as Anakin and Padmé successfully jumped, and landed, together, "perfect! Absolutely perfect! Did everybody see that?" He turned to the rest of the class, clapping joyfully. He raised an eyebrow, and the class excitedly clapped with him, for their classmate's success.

*     *      *      *      *

"Class dismissed!" Both instructors said, in their grumbling voices.

Padmé walked out of the classroom, and was about to enter the locker room, when Anakin caught her by the shoulder.

"Hey," Anakin said.

"Hi..." Padmé smiled kindly, hoping to fill the awkward silence.

Anakin twiddled his thumbs, "I just wanted to say: thanks for going on a date with me last night... I know I'm probably not that interesting, or good looking--"

"No, Anakin, you're....you're hot," Padmé spat out. Her face turned a bright red, "seriously," she giggled slightly," you're the talk of the locker room," Padmé couldn't help but smile.

Anakin looked taken aback, but after contemplating the information, his expression went from surprised, to sly. He smirked, and replied coyly, "well...whose fault is that?" Anakin raised an eyebrow, gazing intensely into Padmé's chocolate brown eyes.

"I.. " Padmé was at loss of words, but after a moment, she replied cleverly, "I think we all know whose fault it is...." She stepped closer, and her hand gravitated to Anakin's jawline.

Anakin's hand went to her waist, and he pulled her closer, his other hand grasping her chin, and moving her face to touch his. Padmé's lips caressed his ever so gently, her thumb stroking his jaw, she could feel the corners of his lips upturn the tiniest bit. Anakin leaned into it, Padmé was much shorter than he was, and tightened the arm around her waist, their kiss deepening.

After a moment, Padmé pulled away, blushing softly, "I....." She paused, and couldn't help smiling profusely.

"What? You want to go out? I'll take you up on that," Anakin smirked, knowing that his tactic worked extremely well.

"Uh..yeah." Padmé smiled, "see you at the malt shop Saturday night then! And...uh... I've been meaning to ask, since we don't have warmups together....what happened to your eye?"

A/N well there's part two!! Yay! Hope y'all are liking this book!