A Junjou Romantica fanfic

"Usagi-san…?" came the faint voice of Misaki as he stepped into the kitchen to find his lover, and tutor, heading for the door. "Where are you going…?"

"I'm going out to buy more cigarettes." the author replied in his usual, emotionless tone. "I just ran out."

Misaki's gentle voice went completely out the window, "WHAT THE HELL?! I GOT YOU A FRESH PACK LAST NIGHT! AT A RIDICULOUS HOUR TOO!!"

"Like I said," Usami replied, not fazed in the slightest by Misaki's sudden change of tone, placing the key in the keyhole, "I just ran out."

In a blink, Misaki ran over to the door and snatched the key out of it's place before Usami could even turn it and pinned his older, taller tutor to the wall, locking his emerald eyes with Usami's blank purple ones, trying to be as threatening as possible. "You went through a whole packet of cigarettes overnight! You're smart yet can't you see puffing out smoke like some sort of steam train is really bad for your health????!!"

The author's emotionless face cracked slightly as he let out a small chuckle.

Misaki scowled at his tutor, "Don't laugh! This is serious Usagi-san! Do you want to die young?! Honestly???! You're only 28 but you smoke non-stop!"

Usami automatically went quiet, his face returning to it's usual blank state yet, a very faint grin spread across his face as he flipped Misaki round to pin him to the wall instead and looked down at him, his voice lacking any emotion whatsoever. "Do you really think a child like you has right to talk to me like that?"

The college student tried to break his tutor's grip, but it was too strong, so he simply glared up at Usami instead. "And do you think a perverted old man like you has any right to feel me up like you do?!" he then muttered, "You deliberately made me spill food on Suzuki-san so I could be that damn bear's replacement while it was at the dry cleaners. AGAIN." … But wait. That can't be right. Didn't Misaki just see a flash of brown fur as he stepped out of the living area a few minutes ago…? How long had that filthy liar kept that from him??! "… YOU DEVIOUS BASTARD!" Misaki yelled as he finally realized, "How long has Suzuki-san been back from the cleaners?!"

"About two days."

"TWO DAYS?! And you never thought to tell me???!"

"You never asked."

"I did! Every day! And you always replied with "Give it a few more days Misaki," "Give it another day Misaki," "Tomorrow Misaki. I promise." THAT WAS A WHOLE WEEK AGO YOU SAID THAT!" Misaki yelled in his lover's face. "All you were doing was using me you pervert!!!"

"I'm sorry Misaki." Usami kissed up Misaki's neck gently then whispered in his ear, "I love you. That's all. And because you always keep resisting me, I found I needed an excuse to get close to you. Every time you resist me, I began to question in my mind whether you loved me back or not. But when you fuss about silly little things that don't matter like this, I remember… Deep down inside you do love me. You're the one."

"Your health isn't something silly that doesn't matter…" Misaki muttered, his cheeks now painted red. "Stop getting round me and changing the subject…"

Usami smiled slightly, his beautiful purple eyes softened, "Sorry." he apologized again and slowly tilted his head, still with the teenager pinned to the wall, and their soft lips lightly touched…

"USAGI-SAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!" Misaki yelled, braking the romantic moment in an instant, "Even now I can smell nicotine on your breath! QUIT SMOKING ALREADY!"

The silver-haired novelist sighed in defeat. "I can't."

"Why the hell not?!" Misaki snapped, annoyed, and tried to break Usami's grip, and, yet again, failed.

"It's to relieve stress."

"Stress?" Misaki's voice suddenly softened, "What with? Your books? If you feel pressurized Usagi-san, then just… Relax more often…" he then gently, and successfully, pushed Usami off him.

"Smoking is my method of relaxing." Usami said, suddenly with the key in his hand.

"… How the hell did you get that?! I stuffed it down my--" Usami's sudden grin interrupted Misaki's trail, "…… OH YOU PERVERT USAGI-SAN! BAKA! BAKA! BAAAAAAAAAAKAAAAAA!!!!!!!" 

Usami's grin widened a little as he placed the key in the keyhole. But Misaki suddenly placed his hand on top of his and a tear splashed on his hand. He turned to face Misaki immediately and his wicked smile vanished. "Misaki… You're crying…?"

Misaki completely ignored the question, his eyes filled with tears that were slowly streaming down his face, "You won't stop… Can't you see?! I don't want you to… Die!!" he then gasped a little as Usami wrapped his arms tight around him.

"I won't die. Not yet anyway… I promise." Usami whispered gently.

"You can't guarantee that Usagi-san…" Misaki mumbled, closing his eyes tightly as more tears fell down his face.

Soft strands of silvery hair brushed against Misaki's forehead, as Usami bent down a little to wipe his lover's tears away, he then whispered soothingly, "Don't cry. Even though you cry like a little child… It hurts Misaki…"

"Then stop smoking…" Misaki's tear filled green eyes looked up into Usami's and he swore he saw a flicker of pain in the author's eyes…

"… I will." Usami tightened his grip on hugging the teenager.

Misaki blinked, "You… You will…?!" he rubbed at the tears in his eyes, he sounded shocked but he suddenly looked a little happier.

"Yes." Usami replied. "If it brings back that carefree grin back on your face, then of course I will. I just want you to be happy."

"Thank you Usagi-san!" Misaki said cheerfully and broke out of the author's arms.

A grin then spread across Usami's face. "Though… Could you possibly do something in return?"

"Yes! Anything!" Misaki smiled happily, not realizing how much he'd regret that…

"Allow yourself to be mine…" he stroked Misaki's cheek, "Don't resist so much when I show my love for you."

Misaki's eyes widened, "You really want me to…?!" his cheeks flushed bright red again.

"Be my lover…?" Usami bend down a little and lifted Misaki's chin, "Nah… We're already lovers." he grinned more.

"Wh… WHAT?!" Misaki gulped, blushing even more violently.

Usagi simply ruffled Misaki's brown hair, stood up straight again.

Misaki laughed nervously, "Usagi-san… You have no idea what you're-- AH!" due to being in a complete and obvious fluster, Misaki fell over flat on his face as he tried to escape the room his tutor was stood. He then cringed a little as he fully expected Usami to jump on top of him. But he didn't. Usami simply went over to the counter and grabbed the miniature teddy bear (Although it was more of a "medium" in his collection) that was sat there perfectly, and stepped over Misaki.

"I'm going to my study for an hour or so. I want to finish that chapter I started earlier." Usami said, blankly again, with the bear's little paw hanging from his hand as he walked down through the living area, heading for his study.

"What?! You're not going to jump on me?!" Misaki, still lying on the floor, sounding shocked then his eyes widened and he slapped both his hands over his mouth, mumbling to himself, "That sounded as if I actually him wanted to… Damn damn damn da--"
"Just a few minutes ago you called me a perverted old man…" Usami said, turning around and looking down at the student on the floor with no expression on his face. "Now you want me to be perverted as you so blankly put it…?"

"YES! Uh… I mean… No! …….. NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO!!!!!" Misaki wailed as Usami picked him up effortlessly and dragged him into his room, closing the door behind him.

---

A week had passed and yet again, Misaki had very little sleep the night before, due to Usami "expressing his love" to him and using him as a life sized teddy bear replacement, even though Suzuki-san was squeaky clean and ready for cuddling again and had been for over a week now. 

Misaki sighed as he made breakfast for himself and Usami, (although Usami was still fast asleep in bed) deep dark circles under eyes and he muttered to himself, "The least Usagi-san could do is let me sleep now and then… And I definitely can't sleep with his arms wrapped around like me like I'm another bear from his stupid collection…" he threw the spatula into the washing-up bowl angrily, "Who the hell does he think he is?!" he sighed again. "If only I could take control for once… I'm almost regretting agreeing to this…" 

Misaki eyes then glanced up at the clock, "Five past seven???!!!! Usagi-san is usually down here at seven! What the hell?! … Oh no, what if something's happened to him?!" he suddenly panicked and ran down to where Usami's room was and knocked on the door. "Usagi-san? …… Usagi-san?????!!!! Dammit, something terrible might have happened!!!!!!!"

The panicked teenager opened the door forcefully, to find the aroma of the room smelt strongly of… Smoke The cigarette type. Usami, who was stood by the window turned around and his eyes widened a little, "Misaki!" he quickly stubbed out the cigarette in his hand and threw it out of the window. "Breakfast already hm?" Usami said blankly trying to act as if he did nothing. "You could have knocked at least…"

Misaki stood speechless at the door for the whole time and then frowned, trying desperately not to sound upset. "I did… And this is what I find… You promised me you'd quit Usagi-san. You filthy liar.  How could you?! I thought something terrible had happened!"

"I never said that. I said I'd cut down, but I never said I'd quit."

"YOU LIAR!" Misaki yelled then jumped a little as a sudden high-pitched siren noise went off. The fire alarm to be precise. "….  The breakfast! DAMN IIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!" Misaki ran from Usami's room back to the kitchen, turned off the hob on the oven then opened the window to let all the smoke and steam out. Eventually the fire alarm went off and Misaki's emerald eyes glared down at the pan on the hob. The delicious, traditional Japanese breakfast the two of them were going to share was now charcoal.

Usami suddenly wrapped his arms around Misaki from the back, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you burn breakfast…"

"I can't change your mind can I…?" Misaki mumbled, "You're never going to stop smoking…"

"I'm trying Misaki. For your sake but… It's hard." Usami quietly admitted.

"At least cut down like you said you would… Since this clearly isn't working…" Misaki looked up at his lover from behind, "Please?"

"…Of course I will…" Usami spun Misaki round to face him and kissed him gently.

Misaki tried to protest but for once… Found himself relaxed. He didn't want to be angry at Usami, he loved him, although he wouldn't admit it, he really did love him. He never wanted to be parted from him. But he suddenly pushed the author away, grinning nervously. "Usagi-san… I need to clean up this mess…."

"It can wait." was Usami's answer as he scooped up Misaki into his arms and dragged took him over to the living area and threw him down on the sofa.

Misaki tried to protest for real this time, "Usagi-san! Not now!!"

Usami grinned, "Yes. Now. This is my apology Misaki."

-2 minutes later (In that Spongebob voice LOL)-

The screams of Misaki's voice could be heard faintly from outside, "USAGI-SAAAAAAAAAAAN YOU PERVERT! HELP! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!" but since it was so early in the morning, no one heard. Everyone knows Misaki likes it really anyway…