Lost friend

Hershel's POV

He disappeared 18 years ago. Today it is exact day that the incident had happend many, many years ago. I was so afraid that he had let his life when he fell into the large hole which if I sometimes close my eyes I still can see in front of me.

But we know now that he has survived. Lucky we do now because the years that there wasn't anything to be sure about of where he could be or in the worst case where his dead boy would have ended up, were killing our nerves. Not only for his family and his girlfriend but also for me. We had been best friends for quite a while at that time and not knowing what happend to him made me worried sick.

In those years since the accident where he fell in that whole cause by one of the boobytraps in the tempel we were dump enough to explore on our own, I had time to think.

I have been thinking about the past, the past that we have spended together but also about him in general. How it has been between us and what the future could bring if you look logically at it. Don't get me wrong I loved Claire with all I had back when he were together and untill a while after she dissapeard when we did the time travel mistery.

But since half year after it all happend it seemed that my best friend never leaves my train of thought. It happens every time I started thinking and I don't know why it always happens. That boy always had the weirdest ideas, but he always drags me in those things and I don't know why. He even was able to convince me every time to go with him even if I didn't want to, he was a master of dragging me into trouble.

That idiot could have been dead if the water of that river didn't save him and washed him on the nearby land.If he couldn have known that I cried myself to sleep the first half of the first year after he fell in there and to what everyone thought presumably died.

I have blamed myself for being the biggest idiot abd the worse friends,because I couldn't save him. I wasn't able to pull him up from where he was hanging. I have always blamed myself for that he dissapeared and believe me I wasn't the only one who thought I was the worst for not being to save him. Many people of the village who loved him silently blamed me for what we thought was is untimely demise.

After many, many years we eventually found him but the emotional dammage was allready been done. I still felt like the worst person on this planet, days before we found him. I couldn't live with the fact that I had let him die. That was why I was so happy to see that he was fine and kicking, the feeling slowly started to fade away. Though it even took a little while for it do so.

I was raised by people who had adopted me so I barely knew my real family, so living in a world where things I though were real but in the end aren't wasn't really anything that I needed to get used too.

I never talked about my real family to other people since after the many years that I know, who my real family is I still feel not comfortable to talk about them. I remember when I met them again like it was yesterday.

My mother died several years ago from an illness. They didn't tell me more and not even from what she had died. I never met my mother again before she met her end and I am really sad that I have never been able to see her.

It is not like I can find pictures of her. My brother is somewhere on this planet which I sometimes don't know what is real any more and what is not. My dad, honestly since he tried to distroy the world I don't really want to come that close to him.

I don't even use the name I used to have just because of that reason. I just don't want to be associated with the things that he has done in the past I guess. I just don't want to have the name that I was given when I was born back, for a reason that I don't know. I think this is the closest of a reason that I can come up with.