"Are we done here?" Mom asked to no one in particular.

"Ah! Yes, darling! Come on." Father shot up from his seat and guided mom to the exit. The four of us glanced at each other before we followed suit. 

That was intense.

We went home after that and gathered around the living room. I was sitting with Jake and Josh on one couch and across us were our parents.

Kris was, well... He left us alone to tend to our familial matters. His exact words were, "That business is private. Whatever you discuss there, it doesn't concern me. I respect your family's privacy."

"So," I started when we were just glancing at each other in utter silence. All of them turned their attention on me.

"What now?" Jake continued, looking at our parents.

"Well," my mother smiled and leaned towards Josh, shrugging off father's arm around her shoulders. I guess she's still upset. My father frowned at her, but let it go.

"Why don't we welcome Josh to our family first?" Mother reached out to hold Josh's hands, her smile was warm and welcoming.

Josh was looking at mother with wide eyes before smiling timidly. "I...thank you so much, Mr and Mrs. Livingston."

"If you're still not comfortable to call us mother or father or whatsoever, please call us by our first names. Get rid of the formalities please. Just call me Charlotte."

Josh nodded, his smile widening. Mom squeezed his hands before letting go.

My father then also leaned towards Josh and shook their hands. "Call me Jared."

"Well, you already know my name." Jake smirked at him, then smiled genuinely. "Welcome to the family, brother."

Josh chuckled tearfully, and they gave each other a brotherly hug. When they broke apart, I didn't waste time to also hug Josh.

"Thank you, Kylie. For everything." He whispered in my ear, his voice full of emotion.

I patted him in the back and grinned. "You're welcome, younger brother."

It was nice to call him that although he was taller than me.

We pulled away from each other, only to be crushed by our parents and Jake. "Group hug!"

We all laughed together, however, all of a sudden, loneliness crept into my system. I was confused for a second before I realized it was probably Kris.

I glanced at the top of the stairs before deciding to go to him. "Uh, guys, I'll just go to the bathroom."

"Oh, okay. Go ahead." Mother smiled before turning back to talk to Josh.

Jake raised one eyebrow at me before narrowing his eyes in suspicion. As if realizing something, he smirked and gave me a knowing look.

"What the fvck?" I mouthed at him and rolled my eyes. Tss, whatever was he thinking?! I turned back and proceeded to go upstairs.

I sensed Kris' presence in my room, so I went there. Opening the door, my eyes went to search for him, and there he was. On my bed, lying down and relaxing. Both of his arms were behind his head. That position definitely emphasized his biceps. Oh, those...

"Oh, shit! No! What the hell are you thinking? You came here to check up on him! Not to check him out!" My subconscious reprimanded.

"But that's normal! I like him! What's wrong with feeling attracted to him?" My dazed self replied stupidly.