Chapter 11 ~ Making a Choice

Start from the beginning

"I can't help that I'm just a little bi-curious!" I retorted.

"Well, Max, I'm a little bit furious!" Ron pulled out his wand and pointed it at me.

Before he could shout anything, Ginny ran downstairs and ran in front of him. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"Ginny, why did you ask Max out?" he asked.

"Because I like her, that's why!" she snapped. "Ron, I know you're just trying to look out for me, but I'm old enough to make my own decisions. Besides, Max is one of your best friends! Would you really hurt her because of me?"

He stared at my sad face and then slowly put his wand down and back in his pocket. "I'm sorry, Max." He ran over to me and gave me a hug. When we pulled away, Ron gave me a smile and then headed upstairs, followed by Hermione and Ginny.

It was just me and Harry now.

"I'm sorry, Harry," I said. "I knew you liked her."

He chuckled lightly and walked towards me. "It's okay." I could tell he wasn't totally okay with this.

"We're just both trying this out and we'll see where things go from there."

"What does Dean think of all this?"

"He doesn't know. Ginny said she'd handle it."

He nodded. "Well, I'm going to head upstairs. I'll see you later." He waved at me then headed upstairs as well.

I sighed and decided to take a walk around the corridors. I walked out of the portal and started walking down the flights of stairs. The first place I wanted to go to was the Room of Requirement. I had a feeling that Draco would be there. That was where he was usually at whenever I caught him walking around after dinner. No matter how many times I wanted to ask him why he was always there, I never got the courage to do it. The last thing I wanted to do was upset him again.

The sound of footsteps came as I got closer to where I entered the Room of Requirement. I hid behind a wall and looked to see who the footsteps belonged to. Just as I suspected, it was Draco.

"Pssst, Draco," I whispered.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" he hissed.

I came from my hiding spot and headed over to him. "Turn around."

He turned around and sighed in relief. "It's only you."

"Yeah, only me," I replied. "So what are you doing?"

He shrugged. "Just walking around."

"You know, the first Hogsmeade trip is coming up soon," I reminded him, smiling.

"Yeah, about that, Max, I think we're going to have to cancel our date."

My smile faded away. "Why?"

"I have something to do and I won't be able to make it. I really am sorry. I was really looking forward to it."

"Me, too," I said. "I-I have to go. I'll see you around, Draco." With that, I walked away from him and went back the way I came. Once I managed to cut the first corner without any tears from my face, I made a run for it back to the Gryffindor Tower.

I entered the Gryffindor Common Room and plopped myself on the couch. I violently wiped the tears from my face and looked into the fire. Why was I crying over this? I was with Ginny now. Draco shouldn't matter anymore to me. After all, he did cancel our date to Hogsmeade, the date I was really looking forward to, and Ginny was going with Dean for sure. So I was now stuck going with Harry, Ron, and Hermione again for another year. I loved them to death, but I wanted to spend a day with Draco for once. After all, Dumbledore said we were destined to be together.