Chapter 11 ~ Making a Choice

The chilly air and the frozen ground was a sign that winter was coming soon. I already had my winter attire ready to go when we left to go on the first Hogsmeade trip. I was so excited for my date with Draco. I bet he was excited as well. After all, he did ask me out, even though we were friends and nothing more. But for some reason, the thought of Draco made me happy. Every time I heard his name, my heart just fluttered a little bit.

But that kiss with Ginny was still stuck in my brain. I could still even taste the potions Madam Pomfrey gave her. And that was weeks ago. Ever since that day, Ginny and I had been avoiding each other.

Finally, after dinner one night, I caught her roaming in the halls, and I found my opportunity to talk to her. "Ginny!"

She turned around and stared at me. "Hi, Max."

I crossed my arms awkwardly and looked at her. "I wanted to talk to you about--"

"I know," she interrupted me. "About that kiss. I remember it."

"Why did you do it?" I asked. "I mean, I know that you were really loopy that day--"

"Max, I like you."

I froze. She liked me? Me. Maxine Potter. The Chosen One. ME?! What was so special about me?! Wait, that was a dumb question. I already knew why I was special. The greatest dark wizard of all time returned and now Harry and I were his targets. Lovely, wasn't it?

"You like me?" I questioned.

She nodded. "Yeah. I think I have for quite some time now. It was when you showed up at the Burrow near the end of the summer. I'd like to give us a shot."

I smiled a little and brushed some hair out of my face. "Ginny, that's really sweet. But Dean..."

"Don't worry about him. I'll handle it."

I sighed. "But Harry..."

"Look, Max, at times, you can't hide what you're feeling, and Harry understands that." She paused, looking desperate. "Just say you'll go out with me."

I looked at her and finally nodded my head. "Okay. Okay, I'll give us a shot. I've never been with a girl before."

The ginger looked at me and crashed her lips onto mine like last time. But this time, our lips locked longer. I pulled away, staring into her eyes and catching another glimpse of that smile with her snow white teeth and her bubblegum lips.

"I've never been with one either." She smirked and walked away from me. "I'll see you back in the Gryffindor Common Room."

I waved at her and she waved back. I sighed happily and started walking back to the Gryffindor Tower. For once, the thought of Draco was replaced by Ginny.

*******

"Maxine Potter."

When I walked in the Gryffindor Common Room, I found Harry, Hermione, and a pissed off Ron.

I tried chuckling at him and walking slowly towards him. "Heeeeey, Ron. How's it going?"

"I'm going to kill you." Before I knew it, Ron started throwing stuff at me.

"Woah, woah, woah, Ron, calm down! Stop throwing shit at me!" I shouted, running around the room in an attempt to get away from him.

"You're dating my sister?!"

"Well, yeah. but just calm down and I can--"

"YOU'RE DATING MY SISTER! I CAN'T CALM DOWN!"

"Ron, she's right. Just calm down. Please," Hermione told him.