Prologue

PROLOGUE

ONCE UPON A TIME. . . yes, that cheesy beginning.

Once upon a time, a prince and princess got married (although they hated each other) and had sex. The prince knocked up the princess, who gave birth to a little, ugly baby and disowned her. Great life for the child so far, right? And you know where disowned or parentless kids go: the orphanage that has a huge reputation of being bad. Apparently, the baby princess was too much of a scum to even consider putting into a nicer orphanage. There the young princess was bullied and hated by everyone, from the nuns to her peers! Meanwhile, her happy mommy and daddy ran the kingdom, receiving love from all over the world cause they were such a beautiful couple. Everyone loves her parents, so why not her? she always asks herself.

The child princess always thought it was her ugly, blonde-white hair and pale blue eyes. Her skin matched the snow of December, which really made her shudder. Yucky! she thought, agreeing with the bullies. The princess looked nothing like her daddy, which made him suspicious of her mother who was a huge whore. Another reason the girl hated herself. Eventually, she knew the answer as to why she was hated, in contrast to her parents.

People are cruel, selfish, blood-lusting bastards, to be truthful.

But now we come to the turning point of our story and the princess's adventure. Her precious mother and delicate father die in the battle against the enemy. Did I mention a war has been raging on during our tale? The queen and king, however, had no other kids, because the queen became barren after the birth of the princess. Well, that's more to blame the poor kid on, huh. Anyway, the position as the kingdom ruler swayed for a little bit before they finally gave in. It was law that the throne automatically went to their oldest kid, disowned or not. That means that the princess is now the queen-to-be. Hoorah, hoorah. . . .

The innocent, poor, ugly, unwanted princess was stealing food from the kitchens of her orphanage when she got the news. Well, she thought, that'd mean less of a food problem, eh? Whisked off to the palace in an unmannerly fashion by a fat knight, the girl was immediately shoved into the palace so they can hide her face. And then, before anything else, the princess's face was caked by layers of make-up by her dresser who also gave her a gown and forced her to shower and shave and . . . ugh! Yeah, the girl knew she was no. . . well, she was a princess, but not a beauty; but honestly, it was insulting to have to firstly hide your face before any important matters at hand!

So, the girl was to be taught all the lessons of royalty. Manners, clothes, sewing, flirting, blah, blah, blah. Taught by a wicked bi---I mean, female dog, the princess hated her life. All the while during this, she was still overwhelmed and shocked, slightly hurt by her parent's death, even if they sucked.

Now, speed forward a bit, six months later. . .

The trainee queen was told more bad news. She had to start ruling the kingdom now, because she just turned sixteen, which really wasn't fair. Law stated eighteen, but it turns out, they cannot wait that long while the war rages on. So, with the help of Madame Dubitch, her advisors, and her council; the princess took her role as queen of the kingdom. It turns out: they really, really, really hated her enough to try to kill her. . . twice. Which is saying something!

Suddenly, her life continued to downscale step by step. Villages were attacked and forced to surrender as the enemy began a massacre. It seemed like the kingdom of Skaly would fall to its doom because of the mere child ruling it. But suddenly, fate finally stepped in and decided to help her, thank God.

Meeting someone new, the princess began to understand her responsibility more. And then it went back down to chaos straight after, which really stunk. She got her heart broken. . . multiple times. But like any stronger leader would, she decided to go into the action herself. She went in as a spy on the enemy in the camps while the head of the council posed as the king during her absence.

So, now, she's stuck in a prison at a rotten camp, dressed as a boy, whilst staring her love down. And now he's reaching to take my wig off. Great, just great. Yeah, I know. My life sucks.

Yes, Princess Alicia of Skaly at your service. Let us go back to the beginning, shall we?

. . . .

 A/N:

The gorgeous hunk to the side is a picture of our prince! I have yet to find his name, but when I do. . . I shall stalk him. Who's with me? Eh, ladies? You know you want to! I'm not lying when I say that, that guy is possibly the most beautiful man in the world. And I love Colton Haynes and Brandyn Farrell, so that's saying something!

Anyways, enjoy! If you do, vote and comment, too. By the way, this purposely sounds sarcastic and lame; I'm not a bad writer. I mean, I am, but I know how to write. . . . God, I can't explain it. But just know that it purposely sounds too. . . weird-ish? I dunno, I give up!