Chapter 2

Side note- Not sure of who I should cast as our main girl so if you have any suggestions leave a comment below and I'll write them all down! Thank you all for supporting me with your feedback via Twitter, you girls are amazing. x

Chapter two

I wasn't sure how to act around this girl. I mean, we didn't even know her name. Hayes and Skylynn crawled into the back of my car and Haas strapped her into her car seat. I walked to the front of the car and faced the girl who stood rather awkwardly infront of me. 

"You don't have a car?" I guessed taking a look at the empty parking lot around us. It must have been nearly seven and the street lights glowed as the sun settled for the night. The girl had been avoiding eye contact with me since I last spoke to her and I wasn't sure how to take it. Shit, am I making her uncomfortable? God, Nash she probably doesn't even want to come. Stop acting like an idiot, just breathe man. 

"No, but you don't have to drive me..I should probably just go home anyway really, I don't want to make you-" she had begun in a voice that I hadn't expected to be so broken. Before I could stop myself I had spoken over her. 

"Me? I'm fine, I want you to come- I mean if you want too." I remember wanting to take my head and slam it between my car door there and then. I want you to come, jeeze could you sound more desperate Nash. I could practically feel Hayes laughing at me through the glass window and I wanted to run a mile. "Look, I'd really like it if you came. Honestly, I just want to make sure you're okay. Those girls - I mean, it wasn't a nice scenario and I won't question you on it, not tonight. It come down to what you want, what do you want...to do I mean?" I added quickly realising that question could have caused her to go into deeper darker thoughts that I wasn't prepared to deal with tonight. If she cried I thought I might have just died of heartbreak there and then, I've never met anyone who looked so fed up with life.

"I uh, I would like to come too," she smiled. And this time, she really smiled. Her dark hair fell away from her face and her smile, God that smile, I remember thinking, that smile could light the darkest of tunnels. I ignored my own selfish thought and nodded to her wearing a smile of my own. 

"Well then, that's great. But could I at least know your name before I let you ride in my car? Y'know just in case you're a serial killer or something?" The girl smiled at me again and pushed her hood back. 

"Beth, can we go now?" she laughed lightly.

"Yes, I'm Nash thank you for asking," I chuckled and nodded towards the car. "My brother Hayes and sister Skylynn, she likes to talk." Hayes stuck his head out of the window and complained something about not having enough air in the car and I laughed shaking my head. It was a small drive to the football grounds and when we got there I could recognise a few faces. There were loud cheers arising from groups of obviously intoxicated students and girls screaming with laughter at their poor attempts for jokes. 

Skylynn's head whipped around in multiple directions, I don't think she'd ever been around so many people and there were too many distractions it appeared. Hayes had wondered off to get a hotdog with Kaleb who we'd made a stop to pick up on the way. Sky had her hands clamped around my kneck as we walked with Beth up onto the bleachers. 

***

The game had begun and there was no sign of Hayes. I tried to not let it bother me that he had probably ditched me and found his friends. Instead I was directing my attention onto the girl sitting next to me. Her brown eyes were focused fixedly on the game, but there was something in her expression that told me she was seeing more than just a bunch of guys tackling each other over a ball. Beth, I thought. I let her name sink into my mind as I tried to focus on the game like everyone else. Although it was bothering me more and more that Hayes hadn't bothered to try and at least text me.