4

TONY STARK

PRESENT DAY

A PRODUCT OF PARTIAL-EDITING

"I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?" Secretary Ross asks Natasha and I. God, this guy is such a pain. 

"We will," I state bluntly. "GSG-9's got the borders covered. Recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it."

"You don't get it, Stark." Ross raises his voice. "It's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Ops on this."

"Like hell, I don't get it. My niece is out there and she's my responsibility-" I start, standing up abruptly.

"You've already lost her once, how do you plan on bringing her in now?" Ross retorts. Natasha interrupts us, softly placing a hand in between the conversation.

"What happens when the shooting starts? What, do you kill Steve Rogers? And I'm sure you don't want to be held responsible for the murder of a fourteen-year-old girl with truly enhanced abilities." Natasha glares at Ross, fighting fire with fire is always her thing, she just knows how much fire to use.

"If we're provoked." Ross calms down a bit. "Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers. There are dead people who would be alive now. And yes, I am completely aware of Ms.Stark's abilities. Feel free to check my math."

"All due respect, you're not going to solve this with boys in bullets, Ross." I start, a plan already forming in my head. "You gotta let us bring them in."

"How would that end any differently from the last time?" 

"Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt." I grin a bit. "72 hours, guaranteed." 

"36 hours. Barnes. Rogers. Wilson. And the Stark girl too." He states before walking out of the boardroom, leaving Natasha and I in a comfortable silence. 

"My left arms is numb, is that normal?" I ask Natasha, trying to lighten the mood. But in all seriousness, my arm feels numb.

"You alright?" She pats my shoulder a bit.

"Always." I shrug, knowing the marks on my face say otherwise. "36 hours, jeez."

"We're seriously understaffed." She sighs.

"Oh, yeah. It'd be great if we had a Hulk right about now. Any shot?"

"No. You really think he'd be on our side?" She asks, frowning.

"No," I state. But then I remember something. A youtube video specifically. 

"I have an idea." Her head shoots up.

"Me too! Where's yours?"

Her gin turns to a confused look. "Downstairs. Where's yours?" And with that, I give her the biggest smile, knowing what I'm about to do with definitely be a game changer.