Thyperion's Last Breath

Start from the beginning

“Thyperion, Thyperion, you knew me already. Hundreds of years ago, it was you who trained me to fight and to be strong on myself. It was you who told me not to give in to any pleas of the enemies, remember? It was you who told me to fight on to achieve what I wanted. Now, here I am, giving you two choices: either give me what I want, or suffer the sight of you and your precious wife getting everything I have in store for you,” Demophoon laughed.

Demophoon was right, Thyperion thought. He was the one who trained Demophoon when he was young at the halls of Draekonia. He could still recall that he was always the one who helped Demophoon how to fight with weapons and wits to emerge victorious in battle. And he also taught him to fight for what he wanted. He just didn’t know that Demophoon would still use that right now, when Thyperion himself would be the one whose life lies on the line.

“I want the sword forged along with the Nautilus, Thyperion,” ordered Demophoon, “you have it with you after the Mag Tuired, and I know it’s still with you.”

Thyperion just laughed. He already has extreme shortness of breath, but still he manages to laugh at Demophoon’s misperceptions, “No, Demophoon… the sword with the Nautilus is no longer with me… You are misled by that wrong information.”

Upon hearing this, his anger soared high. He thundered and his minions shrunk in fear, “What?! Are you making fun of me? Can you bear to see your wife suffer more? If not, give me the sword. And you can bow down to me, and by that, I will give you a quick and painless death.” He drew Zikel-thudred; it is already red with blood, despite its black coloured metal on its blade.

“Perhaps… you haven’t heard… of the… prophecy, Demophoon,” Thyperion said.

It caught the attention of everybody there. Even Queen Themis didn’t know of any prophecy concerning about the sword. Demophoon looked at Thyperion with wonder. Many questions clouded his thoughts. He wondered what the Prophecy is about.

“A Prophecy? Is there such prophecy about the sword? I don’t think so.”

Thyperion smiled and looked at Demophoon. He couldn’t see Demophoon’s face, but he knew that too much terror and malice has broken and disfigured Demophoon’s face. His eyes were sharp still, despite the extreme mortal age he has, somehow the Power of the Elves still flows on his blood.

“The Time of the Elves will soon fade like the leaves blown in the winds

But know this, one shall soon rise;

One among the Mortals will take over the One True Magic ever created.

A boy born from the Union of Elves and Men;

Flowing through his veins is an Immortal blood mixed with that of a Mortal.

Under his banner will the true Balance, with which you have fought, will only be attained.

Evil will tremble down his feet when he has come of age and knowledge.

The Power of the Nautilus will only yield to his prowess;

For Good or Evil, the Fate of the Land will weave to this boy’s life and journey,

If you want to make him be the Hand of Light, take him to a safe place

Far away from the reach of Evil, and the Sword with the Nautilus forged in it

will find him and Darkness will be defeated”

This surprised everybody, including Themis and Demophoon. They haven’t heard of such prophecy. This was told to Thyperion when he was still at Atlantica more than two hundred years ago. The prophecy was revealed to Angelus and he shared it to Thyperion as he knew that only Thyperion, among all the Elven, was married to a Mortal woman. Angelus knew that from the blood of Thyperion, the true Hope of All will be born to lead the people and totally defeat Evil. Through this boy, the Fate of the Land is being woven, for Good or for Evil.