Chapter 4: UA Sports Festival pt.1

Start from the beginning

Time skip
"(F/n)! Your back! It was so lonely without you" Ochako hugged me
"It was only a 5 days Ochako" I hugged back
"Are your injuries okay?" Iida asked shaking his arm like a robot
"I guess, well as you can see haven't fully recovered yet" I said he then scanned me like a robot, my torso, head, arm, and leg were still wrapped and I still had one crutch.
"(F/n)-san I'm glad you're okay" Izuku came in
"Yeah, well are your injuries ok too?" I asked looking at his wrapped up hand
"Yea it's nothing really" he said and we all got to our seat. Todoroki was staring at the front of the room like usual and I just became red remembering what happened a few days ago.

"As all of you may now the annual UA sports festival is coming up in a week or so, so its up to you to level up and prepare for the sports festival. This is a big chance to show the world and especially the pro heros what you are capable of, it can very well alter your future opportunities." Aizawa explained in detail. The overwhelming pressure put weight on everyone's shoulder and knowing that I would not be able to participate in it put even more weight on my shoulders. The class continued normally after that with the same schedule and nothing really progressive. School ended and everyone started packing up to go home and start preparing for the sports festival.
"I'm so excited" Ochako exclaimed
"I am too but I'm also a little scared and nervous" Hagakure added to Ochako's comment, I stood next to them trying to avert my gaze to hide my little jealousy
"(L/n)-san are you able to participate in the sports festival?" Yaoyorozu questioned formally
"No sadly, recovery girl said I can't even if I really wanted to" I answered
"That's not good to hear, I hope you get better" she responded and Ochako and Hagakure looked at me with worried eyes.
"Ahaha, It's not a big deal, really, I still have the next two years it not like I won't be there to cheer everyone up" I rapidly said shaking my hands in front of my face trying to hide my true feelings. With my words both Ochako and Hagakure looked at me with their bright determined eyes they just showed a few minutes ago.
"I'll do the best for you (F/n)!" Ochako said
"Me too, make sure to cheer us on" Hagakure followed
"Of course, ahahaha..." my fake laugh followed, they both somehow didn't notice my false actions but I felt a gaze from a certain someone that quickly sent chills through my spine. I looked behind to see the heterochromia eyes staring at me. He knows my true feelings and his expression said so, my fake laughs and words were all noticeable by him.
"I umm have to go now byee!" I grabbed my stuff and quickly went out of the classroom struggling to walk fast with my crutches.

It is the day before the sports festival and I haven't talked to Todoroki since then. These past few days, recovery girl has been healing my injuries little by little and now I am almost fully recovered. She told me to stay rested and not do anything that can irritate your body, buuuuuuut here I am outside jogging. A little jog won't hurt right? I've been restrained and wrapped all over and my body was eager to move, although I wasn't fully healed I didn't want to feel left behind more. I decided to run my 7 mile course that I ran everyday, it was really tough though since it's been a while since I moved my body this much. About 30 minutes into the jog I came across a bridge, the sun was setting and the air became cooler. I looked out for a second to admire the sunset but I noticed a small figure under the bridge stretching. I stopped running and squinted my eyes to see clearly who it was, as soon as I knew who it was I ran across the bridge and down the hill to the figure.
"Hows your training going Todoroki?" I asked hesitantly since I haven't talked or really made eye contact with him for a while, he looked surprised to see me here but went back to his normal expression right after.
"What are you doing out here? You shouldn't be out here" he said continuing his stretch
"Give me a break, I can finally move my body" I said
"Barely, you still haven't fully healed yet" he said, his cold responses hurt me inside a little. Although I was avoiding him a little I did miss talking and spending time with him.
"You don't have to be that mean" I mumbled, he didn't even deny what I said and just kept stretching and said nothing. This silent atmosphere tensed me up as I began to question him
"Are you ok? Did something happen?", although the silent atmosphere was broken the tense was still there. He stood there quiet for a moment and then sighed
"Nothing, I'm going now", he grabbed his stuff and walked away. Watching his back as he walked away I felt something uneasy from him. His sudden change in attitude from the last time I talked to him strengthened my reasoning that there is something wrong with him.

The day of the sports festival class 1-A gathered around in the respected waiting room waiting for them to be called in for the entrance ceremony. While the air filled with nervousness and excitement, Todoroki walked towards Izuku with an immense aura.
"Midoriya" he said looking straight at his eyes "Looking at this objectively, I think I'm stronger than you"
"Um ya" Izuku nodded confused on Todoroki's words, by now all of the attention in the room was towards these two
"But, All Might has his eyes on you doesn't he?" he continued earning a gasp from Izuku "It's not like i'm trying to pry on that, but i'm going to win against you", his actions surprised me
"Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden Todoroki, don't do it now, you guys are almost about to start" I said putting a hand on his shoulders attempting to stop them, but he shoved my hands away and started walking out of the room
"We are not here to play friends, so why does it matter" he said coldly, these words truly did hurt me in the inside. It made me question if the nice things he said when I was crying next to the nurse's room actually true. I stood there with a blank expression trying to comprehend what he was thinking.
"I don't know what you're trying to say but of course you are stronger than me, anyone who looks at us can tell. But everyone, everyone even the people outside of this class are aiming for the top, and I can afford to fall behind. I'm going with everything I've have, too" Izuku said back, with the still uneasy mood we were called down for the entrance ceremony. Although I was not participating in the events I was able to participate in the entrance ceremony as a part of the class.

The participating members all got called in the center by class. When we entered the crowd roared, this was due to the villain attack a few weeks ago and we were praised for surviving it. As the ceremony continued the crowd became more and more loud and the excitement became greater.

Of course out of everyone in the class Bakugou is chosen for being the class representative to speak in front of everyone, if I hadn't been injured I would have been the won standing there.
"I pledge... I'll be number one" Bakugou said in the most unenthusiastic voice ever, everyone in class 1-A facepalmed and yelled at him. He got a booing from the crowd and from the students in the other classes who didn't like class 1-A.

After that pro hero, Midnight took over the stage and began explaining,
"The fateful first game will be... *drumroll* Obstacle Race!" she exclaimed reading off the board. The crowd roared again as everyone began lining up at the start line, I stood next to Midnight cheering for my classmates. The students full of hopes and dreams waited eagerly for the sign to start as I saw the determination from my classmates. Before the last light went on I got a tap on the shoulder by Midnight
"You say it" she winked at me, as the last light went off I took a huge breath and screamed
"GOOOOOOOOOO"