Astoria's end

Sophia was standing over the coffin her mother lay in. Part of it was open, the other part not open. Tears fell down her face. Only 13. "I-I found a muggle song. I wanted to sing it when it was just me and you. No one besides dad is here, but he's doing something else." She said with tears falling down her beautiful face.

"I took the supermarket flowers from the windowsill. I threw the day old tea from the cup. Packed up the photo album Matthew had made. Memories of a life that's been loved. Took the get well soon cards and stuffed animals. Poured the old ginger beer down the sink. Dad always told me, 'don't you cry when you're down' But mum, there's a tear every time that I blink." She whipped her tears away.

She didn't notice her father behind her, near the back of the room. "Oh I'm in pieces, it's tearing me up, but I know A heart that's broke is a heart that's been loved. So I'll sing Hallelujah. You were an angel in the shape of my mum. When I fell down you'd be there holding me up. Spread your wings as you go and when God takes you back we'll say Hallelujah you're home." She sniffed several times

"I fluffed the pillows, made the beds, stacked the chairs up. Folded your nightgowns neatly in a case. John says he'd drive then put his hand on my cheek and wiped a tear from the side of my face. I hope that I see the world as you did cause I know A life with love is a life that's been lived." She started taking big breaths in, as this was getting hard for her.

"So I'll sing Hallelujah. You were an angel in the shape of my mum. When I fell down you'd be there holding me up. Spread your wings as you go. And when God takes you back we'll say Hallelujah you're home." She started crying now.

"Hallelujah. You were an angel in the shape of my mum. You got to see the person that I have become. Spread your wings and I know that when God took you back he said Hallelujah you're home." She was crying as she sang this. "I-I miss you! S-So m-much, mum!" Then, she ran outside in tears.

She put her head against a brick wall and sobbed. Draco ran out after her. He saw her sobbing and he walked over to her. "Baby, it's OK. Sh... It's OK, my love. It's OK." She shoved him off her. 

"Dad it's not OK! Can't you see! My mother is dead! I had to watch her as she died right in front of me! She was last looking at me and talking to me! I am traumatized! Mum is dead and it's all my fault!" She sobbed.

"It is not your fault. You didn't kill her! You didn't give her that disorder! Sophie-" 

"But she couldn't have kids! It was only worse for her disorder! I am her child! I did it!" She said crying. He hugged her tightly and let her sob on his shoulder.

"Daddy everyone has something they can replace! You can get married again! Daphne can have another sister! Grandma and Grandpa already had another daughter! But I can't have another mum! Dad, I lost my mother! I can't replace her!" She said looking at him. 

"You think I can be married again? Darling, I could never. She was my true love! She was everything to me until you came! You both meant so much to me! And you still do! I could never replace your mother!" He said hugging her. "Baby do you think I'm not hurt? Do you think I woke up and got in the black suit so easily? No. I never cry. But I have cried so much. I've cried at work, I've cried at home, I've cried in front of people! Honey, it was so hard! To wake up without a beautiful and amazing woman next to me, that is so hard to do! A-And knowing that now every day I wake up she won't be there is harder! This morning I could barely move! I've kept the bed folded on her side to make sure I keep it that way. I loved her! Her pillow is wet with all these tears I've cried! I can't get over my love for her!" Tears were running down his face. "She was perfect. So perfect. Astoria Malfoy was everything to me." Draco started crying with Sophia. 

"She was perfect, daddy." Sophie cried on her father's shoulder as she hugged him.

"When I would see in the paper about something like this happening, I would wonder 'How do they get by? How do they get up in the morning? Why do they even bother if the other person isn't there anymore?' But they do wake up. They do get by! They have to keep going on no matter how hard it is! When I wake up I will cry. I will cry sitting up with my hands on my face! I may even start to do that every morning now! Now I can't wake up and kiss the lips of the most woman alive! I want to! I want Astoria more than anyone! I don't get her!" He said crying.

He looked up at his daughter, tears in both of their eyes. "It's just me and you know, OK?" She nodded and sniffed. 

"I love you, daddy." She hugged him tightly. He rubbed her back. 

"I love you too."

People were coming to the funeral and saw Sophie and Draco, giving their sympathy to each of them. Her aunt was one of the first to be there. She hugged her niece tightly. "I know it's hard. I know, Sophia." She kissed the side of her face and rubbed her back and she hugged her. "Can I tell you something?" Daphne said looking at her. "When mum and dad started dating I wasn't happy. When they were engaged, I was furious. When I found out she was pregnant, I pinned your daddy to the wall. Bad, huh? I was very protective of Astoria." Sophie looked at her aunt.

"I'm rubbish, sweetheart. You're an angel with wings but you came back to earth." Daphne said then kissed her cheek. 

"Were you really so overprotective of mum?" She asked her. Astoria nodded. 

"Of course. My baby sister." Daphne said. She rubbed her niece's back. "I love you, Sophia. I love you a lot." She smiled. 

"I love you too."

Katie and James were there for Sophia the entire time. She knew she needed them. When people talked to Draco and asked about Sophie, he would almost always say she was hurt the most. He went over to his daughter and talked in a sweet voice to her. "Sophia, it's time to go into there now. OK?" She nodded and he kissed her cheek.

Draco was the first person to speak. He talked about him and Astoria, and the daughter they had together. He even read the letter Astoria had written to Sophie when she was first born.

"When we were engaged she always told me 'times stands still' and I guess that that is true. They say when you meet the love of your life, time stands still. It definetly did."