Chapter 2

Hey guys! Please don't be mad at me... ^v^** I know I've been gone for quite some time now, but I'm back now. First of all, we recently moved away from my childhood home, forcing me to leave all of my friends behind. Second of all, I just started Tae Kwon Doe and so I've been really tired, adding on to my insomnia, AdHd, and Sleep Apnea so I am really sorry!!!! Please don't kill me!!!!!!! *hides under bed*

"Yukio!"

The male slowed his sprint as he neared the school. The shrill female voice still rang in his ear as his facial expressions went blank. The female ran to him and jumped into his arms. He gripped her thighs as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Shizuko..." The male tensed when the female pressed her chest against his face, never changing from the hollow, empty, melancholy expression he usually wore.

"Shizuko, let go of him. He probably can't breathe!" Yuki suddenly began laughing hard as Shizuko pouted.

"Aw~, but I love him so much!" Her grip tightened and he became dizzy from air loss.

"Shizuko, please? I... air...  need... air..." Yukio suddenly fell over, being sure not to land on Shizuko. She quickly climbs off of him and crouches beside the male, examining every part of him to ensure his safety. After doing a double take, she helped him stand up before snaking her arm around his own.

The group chattered on about some pointless topic before they were herded into the school.

        .   .   .

Idiots surrounded Yukio as he walked the halls with hunched shoulders and dragging feet. Every part of him wished to smack the living crap out of the man behind him shouting because the guy beside him said something about his "mama". The defensive male threatened to fight him which the other accepted. More shouts erupted behind Yukio as a fist fight began. The male continued down the hall and into his classroom, sighing lightly.

        .   .   .

The day passed quickly as he continued on his regular routine. He passed by the same people, the same places, everyday. And that wasn't a bad thing, but a part of him wished things were... different. When he was younger, his life was great; his world flourished, and everything was new to him. As he grew older, everything slowly lost focus, became black and white, loosing all color in sight. He grew numb to the world around him and eventually, became the cold, unfeeling person that he was known for being.

The thunder pounded, causing the ground to shake. The lightning was bright in his dark eyes, the rain cold on his skin. Hard wind blew through the trees struggling to stay rooted, distorting their usual shape. The boy walked away from the campus, stopping only when thin arms wrapped around his waist.

"Yukio... You're gonna catch a cold."

"You're more likely to get sick than I am, Shizuko..." His voice softened after noticing how tense she was. Her voice was strained and he could tell she wanted to cry.

"Please come to my house. I don't want you to go back there tonight. You can stay at my house, you know my parents won't mind... They love you!" She pleaded and a tinge of guilt ran through the male. Despite how happy she sounded, her shaky breathes gave away her deft attempt at hiding her true emotions. Whenever her uncontrollable sobs finally broke free, Yukio's heart sunk. The usually jocular female who usually bore a genuine smile had suddenly shifted her entire personality. She usually found joy in making others smile but now, she was a train-wreck.

"I-I..." All the male could think to do was to turn around and wrap his arms around her in a protective embrace. "I'll go with you, but you have to promise me you'll calm down, ok?" His grip loosened as she took a step away from him. He thumbed her cheeks, wiping away the last remnants of her sadness.

She smiled a wide, toothy grin and the male couldn't help but smile softly. She grabbed his hand and began pulling him to her house, stopping only to grab the male's items dropped along the sidewalk.