Chapter 20

🍥

🍥

"Your mom told me that you didn't sound too happy on the phone" I said as Justin played with my fingers, "I just missed her.. and I wanted to know if she'd be here for Fourth of July" Justin said as I nodded. "What do you want to do?" "I just want to see fireworks" Justin said and sat up.

"I like watching the fireworks with my mom, we do it every year" Justin said and I only stared at him with a grin. "That sounds good doll face."

Justin lied back down on my chest and grinned, "it's really fun" he said and hugged his stuffed bunny that was hanging from the edge of the bed.

"I should probably start cooking babe, I've got to make sure you eat" I said and stood up. "Okay I'm going to play with my toys and maybe take a nap because I'm sleepy!" Justin giggled and I kissed his cheek before getting up.

I made my way into the kitchen and bit my lower lip, I'm not sure what to cook today. "Hey" Skylar smiled and I looked at him "oh hi" I said "what are you doing?" "I'm trying to figure out what to cook.. I'm not exactly sure what though."

"How about I buy? They have this amazing Puerto Rican rice down at this shop, it's so good! My friends took me there, I'll pick up a bucket" Skylar said as I nodded "hmm okay" I said and he grinned "okay cool" he said and grabbed his phone. "How old are you?" he asked as I raised a brow "why?" "curious is all" he shrugged as I bit my lower lip. He's trying to see if I'm legal of age.

"Eighteen" I lied.

"Ah, I thought so" he said. "Well I'll see you later" he waved as he grabbed the car keys. I stared at him awkwardly and walked up the steps. I heard the doorbell and rolled my eyes, I walked toward the door and opened it to reveal Alex.

"A-Alex!" I smiled widely and pulled him in for a hug. My brother smiled "hey dude! Makayla told me I'd find you here! How are you?" he said and I couldn't stop smiling. I was so happy to see him. "I'm great! Let's talk out on the porch" I said and shut the door as we sat on the porch of Justin's home.

"I've missed you so much! How's Veronica?" I smiled as my brother grinned "she's good, she decided to stay in New York because her dad wasn't feeling so well" Alex said as I nodded. "Is he okay?" "oh yeah he's just got the flu that's it" he said and I nodded. "Makayla tells me you're a nanny, how cute" Alex cooed as I rolled my eyes playfully. "I make a lot of money doing this, the kids mom owns a candy company!" I said as his eyes widened "really? That's cool" he said.

"It is" I smiled at the thought of Justin. "Mom and Dad are still at your place.. they were the ones that called me, they want me to convince you to talk to them but I won't make you do that Jason" Alex said as I rolled my eyes. "They're so.. annoying" I mumbled as he laughed.

I sometimes felt jealous of Alex, before my parents had became alcoholics my brother was a very bad kid so they sent him to military school. After he had left they started drinking, I was jealous that he got to get away from them while Makayla and I were suffering through the pain they put us through.

Although sending my brother to military could be one of the best things that happened to him, because when he had returned he was a different person. He wasn't a troubled kid, he was well behaved, he let all his anger and energy out on exercise.

He doesn't hate them, not like me. But that didn't mean he also liked them, he was very well aware of what Makayla and I were put through and because of that he doesn't share a personal relationship with them but he does very much care for them.

"Makayla is holding a family dinner next weekend.. you should come" Alex said "you're staying?" I raised a brow. "Just for this week" he shrugged and soon a little boy ran toward my brother as he smiled and held his son in his arms. "Daddy!" Mason giggled as Alex smiled widely.

I was also jealous that he had found love. He found his happiness yet I still couldn't get over something that happened years ago.