Chapter Ten.

SHE KISSED HIM AS IF SHE WAS ABOUT TO DIE WITHIN ANY SECOND

Her hands ran through his messy raven hair, like she was searching for something in them. He stood still in utter shock for a brief moment before letting himself fall into the sweet kiss. He held her lower back and let the girl kiss him so ravenously. He kissed back, just for a moment, letting the euphoria of their love take over.

However, like the flick of a light switch, the fleeting kiss pulled itself away, and Ben Solo was gone again.

Arabella looked up and much to her own horror, saw Kylo Ren staring back at her, a look of hatred in his chocolate eyes. The eyes which she used to once find so comforting were now lacquered with a coating of ice.

"Please don't put me back in that chair," the girl begged with a trembling lip as she realised that she was losing her Ben more as the seconds passed. "Just run away with me, come home, Ben, please."

"Enough!" The boy shouted, and with a wave of his hand, the girl was forced away from him, only falling to the ground when her back slammed against the nearby wall.

The room shook around them and Arabella panted as she looked at the boy, the conflict seeping through his freckled skin. Slowly, she rose to her feet and crossed the room. She took the boy's hand, genuinely surprised that he embraced the affection.

"You don't have to do this," her voice shook as she pleaded for his sanity. "I know you, Ben, and you aren't this type of person, okay? Snoke has you so brainwashed that you don't even know what you want -"

"How do you know what I want?" The boy challenged, his glance slicing her into pieces.

"Because I know who you are. I know I love you, and I know that you love me. All you wanted was for us to be together. You promised we would travel the galaxy—just you and me. That's what you want, Ben. I know you do because I also want it. I want you—the real you—not this monster that Snoke has concocted from some laboratory. Please Ben."

Arabella placed her free hand on Ben's cheek, letting her thumb chase the patterns of freckles which dotted his face. They had always reminded her of the stars.

He lost himself for a second in her hold, but refused to enjoy the comfort of her touch. It took everything he had to not just kiss her right then and there.

He realised then it would be easier to just kill her, than to live with this pain.

"You know nothing," he said, taking a step back as he let Snoke control his mind once again. "This is nothing—you are nothing."

"You don't mean that!" the girl cried.

"I don't love you, Arabella! Do you not see it?" He yelled out of sheer anger. "I am not the man you thought I was, the one you wished I was! This is who I really am; I don't stay up at night missing you; I don't think about all I left behind. Ben Solo is dead, and any love that he may have felt for you died along with him. Get your head out of the clouds, Arabella."