Alternate Universe-Hoshii Miki

Miki yawned and began to hum softly to herself. “Miki is tired,” she murmured groggily. “Miki wants to sleep. But she can’t. Poor Miki.”

    The blonde idol wandered the streets, looking for a store open this late that sold the rainbow paint Producer had requested. But exhaustion weighed down her feet and Miki had to drag them along like rocks if she wanted to get anywhere. She moved closer to the guardrail by the ocean she was strolling by and laid her hand on it. Suddenly, a bout of total exhaustion swept over her like one of the waves lapping at the shore below her, and Miki gasped in alarm as she felt herself slip out of consciousness. Her head hit the cold pavement, and then Miki blacked out.

                                                              *       *       *

    When Miki awoke, the first thing she noticed was the lack of color. The sky was not blue, the grass was not green, and the cardinals building a nest in one of the bland trees were not red. Confused, Miki realized that everything around her was some shade of black or white.

    And that included the people.

    Many of them, Miki recognized. She could spot her friends from Project Fairy, Hibiki and Takane, and the Jupiter boys Hokuto, Touma, and Shouta. She also spotted Producer, Chihaya, and the boyish idol Makoto. Miki stood, slowly.

    “Who’s the chick?”

    Miki was surprised when she heard the rude comment come from usually-cheerful Shouta Mitarai. She blinked. “Um...Miki’s name is Miki. She fell. And now Miki is here.”

    Hokuto sniffed indignantly. “We don’t need you here,” he muttered.

    Miki stiffened. Now Hokuto-kun is acting strange too? Usually he’s all over girls.

    “Now, don’t be rude to her. She’s just a little chick who’s lost her way.”

    Miki almost burst out laughing. Since when was Touma-kun a gentleman? This is weird...

    Producer frowned. “She’s colorful. Eh, but she doesn’t seem too special to me.”

    “Honey!” Miki wailed. “How could you say that to Miki? Miki is sparkly, isn’t she? You said so yourself!”

    “Sparkly? Doesn’t mean you’re special. Although, you might be the rainbow girl who is supposed to come return our color,” Producer responded.

    “She should go home I guess,” Hibiki muttered.

    “Who cares if she stays or not?! I’M A BIRD! YOU GUYS SEE THIS, RIGHT?! I’M FLYING! I’M A BIRD!” Chihaya cried, flapping her arms and running in circles.

     Everyone is acting weird!  Miki realized. It seems like everyone is opposite as the way they usually are...then, since Hokuto’s usually a flirt...is he gay now? Miki giggled to herself at the idea.

    “I suggest we let thy female stay.”

    “Yeah, Producer, she’s totally rainbow! She’ll get the color!”

    Miki noticed that Takane and Makoto had spoken. Producer looked Miki up and down.

    “Red shirt,” he announced. “Orange socks. Yellow hair and green eyes. Blue pants and maroon shoes. Yeah, she’s rainbow.”

    Miki looked down at her clothes. Miki forgot to match today. Oh, well. It’s helping Miki. But now she looks like a clown...

    “Miki is rainbow, alright,” she said. “So can Miki stay?”