Bad Boy Love~ Part 34

Start from the beginning

"Seriously."

"Whatever you say," I state sarcastically.

"Maya, I'm not joking," he says seriously.

"You annoy me. You know that?" I joke, "When there is a guy that you don't want me around, you tell me to stay away. Only, you never tell me why to stay away from him."

"I don't need to. You should trust me. I wasn't wrong with Ryan," he exclaims.

"One time," I say and try to hide the pain behind his name.

"So, what tells you I am wrong this time?"

I stay quiet.

"Exactly," the corner of his lip pulls up into a smirk.

We sit in silence and continue to eat our breakfast.

"I'm sorry," he exhales quietly.

"For what?" I ask. I am shocked he even said the word 'sorry'. I was unaware that it was in his vocabulary.

"For being a dick at the hospital, and being a dick all the time," he mumbles.

I am shocked.

"Oh," I say surprised. "It's okay. I was a bitch too and-"

"No. I shouldn't have said any of that shit. I didn't mean any of it, and none of it was true. That night we had at the party, it meant something to me. I just said the things I did to hurt you."

"Oh," I squeak. I can't think of anything else to say. I finished eating my small portion, so I get up to wash the dishes. I go to grab a pan to wash it, but Jake's voice stops me.

"Don't," says Jake, "I'll get them. Just go for your run thingy."

"It's fine. I can wash the dishes," I laugh nervously.

"Seriously, I'll get them. If you touch one I will snap your wrist."

"Lovely," I say and scrunch my nose.

"Sorry, that was harsh. Just go, I'll wash them," he says while staring at me blankly. It is so hard to read him when he is like this.

I slowly nod and leave the kitchen.
...

It is 7:45 when I leave the house to run. That was... Interesting. Jake was genuinely nice this morning. That is a first. That apology is making me very confused. He said that night meant something to him, but what did it mean to him? He will lash out at me and then be kind the next. All of this back and forth makes me tired.

I jog around the misty morning neighborhood. It is cold, but I am quickly warming up from the jog. I didn't want to wear warm running clothes, because I knew I would be sweating buckets within 10 minutes. There is a layer of fresh snow on the ground, but the friendly neighbors have shoveled it all off the sidewalks and streets.

Kids are waking up and riding scooters around their streets in pajamas. Occasionally, parents will tell their child to come back because they were straying too far. Happy families ride their bikes around, looking at Christmas lights. The sun is half way up, and the air is a dim morning blue.

"Hi Maya!" my math teacher, Mrs. Warner, says as she gets into her car.

"Hi Mrs. Warner!" I smile back and wave to her. It is a cold morning, but everyone is up.

I continue my jog and listen to various songs like The A Team, Autumn Leaves, Drunk, and Lego House all by Ed Sheeran, I love him. I also listen to Eminem's Rap God and some Darius Rucker songs. I will always love Darius Rucker and country music.