I Love Play Rehearsal | Peter Parker (TH)

Start from the beginning

"Hey, ___, we need you!"

You had to put on a brave face. You couldn't be yourself anymore. You had to be Christine. Glancing one last time in the mirror, you stepped out on stage.

The classmate that played Jeremy was singing in your direction. You did your best to keep your eyes focused on what they should be focused on, but you couldn't help but glance in the direction of the audience.

Peter had bought a ticket for a front row seat. Unfortunately, the stage lights lit up that row perfectly. You were sick to your stomach to see the seat between Ned and Aunt May to be empty.

"Christine... Christine..." Jeremy sang dreamily. "Christine Conigula."

You had been so focused on the seat that you let a moment of silence slip into the show. Jeremy hissed softly, making you blink hard and look at him. "Did you say something?"

By the time for your solo, you were better. It was a song that you'd liked for a long while. Peter always said it was his favorite to hear you sing - aside from The Schuyler Sisters from Hamilton, which he said was the most empowering and funny because of the way you liked to rap and sing every part.

You stood on stage, your Christine grin on your face. Although inside you were feeling sad and nervous, you didn't let it show in your facial expressions or voice.

"I love play rehearsal! Because it's the best! Because it is fun. I love play rehearsal! And I get depressed as soon as it's done."

Although you were singing to Jeremy, you didn't look at him. It was a tactic Peter had worked on with you. Don't look at the other person's eyes, but look to the side of their head. No one would know in the audience.

When you looked off to the side of his head, you saw a rustle in the curtain. A flash of pale skin caught  your eye and you were shocked to see that it was Peter.

Relief replaced the shock and you sang the next few lines looking at him. He beamed and gave you a thumbs up. His lips were moving.

"I am so proud of you."

"I have mad, gigantic feelings, red and frantic feelings about most everything! Like gun control, like spring, like if I'm living up to all I'm meant to be... I also have a touch of ADD."

The audience laughed as your fast sang sentence drew to a close. You used the pause to take a breath and glance at Peter, who was staring at you with an expression any girl woukd fawn over.

"Where was I? Oh, right!" You beamed. "I love play rehearsal, cause' you are equiped with direction and text. Life is easy in rehearsal! You follow a script so you know what comes next.

"Anywho the point that I'm getting to is sometimes life can't work out in the way... it works out in the play. Like the only time I get to be the centre of attention, is when I'm Juliet or Blanche DuBois and can I mention? That was really one of my best roles, did you see that?

"And no matter how hard I try, it's impossible to narrow down the many reasons why, I love play rehearsal! I happiness cry whenever it starts! It's just so universal getting to try playing so many parts. Most humans do one thing for all of their lives, the thought of that gives me hives!"

Another round of laughter. You felt like your heart would explode.

"I've got so many interests I wanna pursue, and why am I telling this to you? Guess there's a part of me that wants to. Back to play rehearsal. My brain is like 'bzzz'! My heart is like...  'wow'. Because we're here at play rehearsal, and it's starting... we're starting... it's starting - soon. Oooh!"

The audience in front of you exploded in laughter, cheers, and applause. You beamed bigger than ever.

                             ...

At the end of the show, after you took your final bow and walked off the stage, you saw Peter. He was standing in the same spot, a proud smile on his face. You squealed and launched yourself in his arms like you did the day you found out you got the part.

His arms circled you and he squeezed you tight. Overcome with emotion, you shed a couple of tears, staining his sweater. He kissed the side of your head again and again.

"You made it," you mumbled into his neck. "I'm so glad you made it."

"I couldn't miss my girlfriend's best play," he said.

You pulled back to look at him. "I thought that Spider-Man wasn't going to let you come," you joked, wiping a tear.

He laughed. "Actually, Peter made me late this time."

You blinked in surprise. "Huh?"

Sheepishly, Peter held up a bouquet of roses. He blushed and shrugged. "It seems stupid, but it was important that I give it to you. I counted to make sure I bought the one with the most roses."

Your eyes filled with tears and your heart filled with love. Grasping the flowers tight, you swung your arm around his neck and pulled him close to you.

You planted your lips on his and kissed him passionately. You absolutely adored the boy that had given you his heart and won yours over in return.

"You're... the guy," you muttered against his lips, planting kisses sloppily in between words, "that I... am... so kinda into. The guy... I'm totally... into. This feeling is new. Peter... I love you."

He laughed as he pressed a final kiss to your glossed lips. "I love you, too."