Chapter Seven.

WHEN THE GIRL OPENED HER EYES, SHE NOTICED THE LIGHT STREAMING IN THROUGH THE SMALL WINDOWS AND SAW A FIELD OF GREEN ON THE HORIZON

WHEN THE GIRL OPENED HER EYES, SHE NOTICED THE LIGHT STREAMING IN THROUGH THE SMALL WINDOWS AND SAW A FIELD OF GREEN ON THE HORIZON. She hadn't remembered falling asleep, or the large parker which had been sprawled over her body. She smelled the familiar vanilla odour on it. It was Han's jacket.

She let out a sad smile, wondering when she would see him again.

The ship was silent, and slowly, the girl made her way outside, stopping only when she saw her brunette friend standing by the river's edge. She joined the girl and smiled at the light in her eye.

"It's beautiful," Arabella said, tucking her hands into the back pockets of her jeans.

"I didn't know there was so much green in all the galaxy," Rey stated, wonder written all over her face like a transparent mask.

"Before today, I had never left Jakku. Not since my parents dumped me there when I was a little girl," she continued. At this new information, Arabella felt the strings of her heart tug. She knew how the girl felt, to be left by their family, but what separated Arabella from Rey was that the latter girl had no one else. For twenty years, she spent her life alone. At least Arabella had found herself close with Poe, Leia and even Ben—for the moment while it had lasted. She had never been truly alone.

Perhaps that's why, she realised, she didn't want Han to leave her. She didn't want to be alone.

"I'm sorry we didn't meet sooner," Arabella found herself saying, earning a smile from her new friend in response. "But we still have plenty of time to make up for it."

Rey let out a small chuckle before wrapping her arms around the tan-skinned girl. After their moment ended, Arabella squeezed Rey's shoulder and insisted they should catch up with the others.

Together, they made way to the castle which belonged to Maz Kanata—an insightful woman respected by many. The castle was covered with various flags, and Arabella was met with the overwhelming taste of smoke as they entered the building, which was littered with creatures from all across the galaxy.

From the corner of the main room, the woman wearing a black latex bodysuit narrowed her eyes at the familiar brunette that entered the room. She had seen her face before, in Resistance files which she had hacked some years ago. The girl looked the same, only her eyes no longer had a certain light in them they once had, she noticed.

She had heard news that the First Order were looking for a girl that matched her description, and any theories were confirmed as she watched the orange and white droid race over to the fighter. It was her, Kylo's missing soldier.

A nefarious smile fell onto the woman's face as she pulled out the cellphone and called her friend, Armitage Hux.

"What do you want?" The fiery man said when he picked up the call.